What's new
What's new

TangentCNC Shop pics

What is the history behind your shop?

I owned another shop, parted ways with the other partner, got screwed and cant talk about much more. Bought 2 used machines for a good price and put it in a hangar central to where myself and friend/partner lives. It's two guys working side by side daily to make a living for ourselves...both working partners this time.

Isn't the plane getting the same coolant mist on it that the floor is getting?

No, thats what mist collectors are for.

Today was an interesting day at the shop.

We ordered new glass for the HMC to get more light in the machine. Had to get the pallet changer to stop mid way to clean everything up and get all the glass replaced easily. So far looking great!

We also had a neighbor pull out their Cessna 525B this afternoon and fire it up for a flight. Got floors cleaned in the shop and Columbia 400 back in the shop just in time. Had the door closing just as they fired up the first jet engine!

Here are some pictures. pretty cool stuff!12914893_505192026348791_1706796146_o.jpg12914896_505192149682112_1191857059_o.jpg12919157_505192033015457_1346229736_n.jpg

Did you have any trouble getting a machine shop approved in an airport? I think it's a great idea but figured there might have been a zoning issue. Is hanger space cheaper then industrial park space? Any problem when customers want to come out? It does make for a more interesting view.

Did you have any trouble getting a machine shop approved in an airport? I think it's a great idea but figured there might have been a zoning issue. Is hanger space cheaper then industrial park space? Any problem when customers want to come out? It does make for a more interesting view.

It was already zoned for it, there are a few machine shops down the street as well.

Hangar space is more expensive but it has some perks... floor is uncracked, thicker, and absolutely level, most are epoxied, great lighting with skylights, pretty much well built to hold millions of dollars worth of an airplane.

We have public road access for people to come in off the street however there is a gate to keep most people out and off the runway, kind of annoying but really when you think about it...it keeps people out so you can work instead of deal with riff raff.

Back