What's new
What's new

taper attachment parts

barryw

Aluminum
Hi All, I guess this is a long shot but...does anyone have the assembly that includes the dial,casting and gears that is used to adjust the taper attachment on the headstock side of the taper attachment for a 1961 square dial 10EE? If so, please contact me.
Circled in the attached picture in red is the parts I am looking for.
Thanks in advance,
Barry

Attachments

• 10EE_Taper.PNG
    10EE_Taper.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Gear specs are in this thread:

The taper micrometer attachment is basically unobtanium so even w/o gears is a decent deal.

I took the cover off, there are no other broken gears, but I found out why the gear sheared on the adjustment shaft.......the thing was packed with chips!
I will take it to work tomorrow and get it cleaned and freed up, will post more pictures then.

BTW, I still have one complete taper attachment for a 10ee available if anyone is interested?
I was going to hang on to it, but seeing how both my 10ee's have taper attachment, I no longer have a need for it!

Kevin

Last edited:
I took the cover off, there are no other broken gears, but I found out why the gear sheared on the adjustment shaft.......the thing was packed with chips!
I will take it to work tomorrow and get it cleaned and freed up, will post more pictures then.

BTW, I still have one complete taper attachment for a 10ee available if anyone is interested?
I was going to hang on to it, but seeing how both my 10ee's have taper attachment, I no longer have a need for it!

Kevin
LOL no surprise, its amazing where chips work their way into. Like I said if the deal doesn't work with Berry "here I am"

Brian

I am trying to get all the taper attachment parts together as well. Right now I'm on the lookout for the moving 'skate' part with the ball bearings in it.

Hi Kevin, I’m definitely interested, I’ve started a conversation to work out a price and shipping. Do you see that?

Thanks again for washing and inspecting it.

Barry

Back