What's new
What's new

*THE* best small shop forklift

Kinda hard to steer an engine around obstactles while i'm driving a forklift though. I usually work alone. It's pretty easy with a cherry picker and mine folds up.

I love doing engines with a forklift, side shift and boom tilt let you position the engine perfect with no physical effort like a cherry picker.

Kinda hard to steer an engine around obstactles while i'm driving a forklift though. I usually work alone. It's pretty easy with a cherry picker and mine folds up.

I had one of those fold up things fold right up on me with a Ford FE on it. Those things are dangerous.

I have worked in small spaces and I've always had room for a decent forklift. At times I've had 2 and 3 forklifts. I've never been drawn to the little Namco style lifts. I feel I would always be pushing it to lift more than it's designed to.

Today i brought home a Namco 1515 or 2015, not sure, it's stamped both on the name plate. It's pretty old. Serial 62,XXX something. Seems pretty unmolested, but needs some TLC. Not too bad for $200. Cost more than that to go get it. Diesel costs $$$!!! I'll post pics as soon as i get it situated.

That was the one i was thinking, but i thought it said Smyrna, TN. I remembered that because the first job i applied to out of college was at Nissan in Smyrna. It had a 16' mast on it i think. Probably the same one.

Yea, it had the triple-mast. And was a factory gasoline powered unit. I wanted it pretty bad. Just couldn't pull the logistics off swiftly enough.

Back