What's new
What's new

The haulers' group official truck thread . . .

Archie wrote.

''This gives you a few more months to decide if you have a use for my transmission. I will be happy to give it to you without strings, but I would like to have some confidence that it will do you some good before I drag it clear to CA via MT and then back to AR -- as you can see from the pic, it is a big sucker. The length is an advantage because it lets you run a one-piece drive shaft.''

It may take a while but I do plan on doing something with the old 3/4 ton it has been a good truck made money with it and I would hate to let it go. The transmission would be a great help as the old one is jumping out of second gear, all I would have to do is concentrate on rebuilding the engine
it has new king pins and the brakes are up in shape also I changed over to 16'' tires instead of the 16.5s that are harder to find.

Just let me know a few days ahead of time when your going to be rolling into town and I will get the steaks ready.

Thank you.

James

Confirmation ? ??

James,

I am leaving on my trip to the west coast in a few weeks, so I want to confirm that you still want the transmission -- it is heavy enough that I do not want to drag it five thousand miles unnecessarily. I will take out the back seat in my Wife's Crown Vic and put it cross-ways -- this ballast will improve the ride . . .

My route west will be by way of MT, northern route, but I will be coming east on I-40, right through Ft. Smith sometime in late October -- I will let you know what day before I leave CA. I often stay in the Motel 6 in Ft. Smith, so it will be easy to plan on it again this trip. The only change will be that I will not be buying my own dinner -- I will have my Wife with me, but she doesn't eat much . . .

Here is a link to the background story on the trans.

Archie

Shade Tree Conversions

Last night I had a phone conversation with David - Hephaestus72 and the subject turned to his jeep and that he is going to do a motor change in it soon and the price of gas. Well I happened to remember this web site and I told him that I would get the link. This morning I got to thinking about it and decided that it would be a good thing to put it in the pickup thread that Archie so generously deemed mine:) Anyway here it is:

http://www.shadetreeconversions.com/truck-plans-book-p-1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night I had a phone conversation with David - Hephaestus72 and the subject turned to his jeep and that he is going to do a motor change in it soon and the price of gas. Well I happened to remember this web site and I told him that I would get the link. This morning I got to thinking about it and decided that it would be a good thing to put it in the pickup thread that Archie so generously deemed mine:) Anyway here it is:

http://www.shadetreeconversions.com/truck-plans-book-p-1.html

Digging up an old thread I know lol. But what has come of the old ford? And has anyone here ever put a tractor engine in their truck? It sounds interesting...

Welder691, I had to sell my old truck if it is the one your talking about. As far as the tractor engine I don't know if anyone on this forum has done it but I still hold out hope that some day I will find a good deal on a salvaged Perkins four cylinder engine that I could put in a salvaged F-250 LOL

Thank you.

James

Back