What's new
What's new

The official "tube bending" thread

Baileigh is making a difference: Mississippi Industries for the Blind
Mississippi Industries for the Blind is a nonprofit manufacturing facility in Meridian, Mississippi who employs close to 90 employees who are blind.

Since 1939, this fully capable, state of the art facility has provided fabrication and assembly services for the Department of Defense, United States Post Office and for numerous Military and Government contracts.

From metal fabrication and product assembly, to call center support and document imaging and destruction, MIB prides themselves with some of the best employees money can buy. With an incredible sense of pride not often found in a traditional factory setting.

Here we have manufacturer Scott Carmen who is totally blind, using the RDB-250 tube and pipe bender to manufacture thousands of the solid rod tow bars that are utilized by the US Postal Service in their sorting facilities across the US.

Accurate to 1/10 of a degree, the RDB-250 outfitted with an indexing table can semi-automate your bending process by duplicating and repeating parts thousands of times in a row.

Please take a moment to check out a website that is truly making a difference

http://msblind.org

Hello

Does any one know the manufacturer of pipe bending machines based fully or partially in the USA that sells under the brand "Monkey" or something of that sort ?

Best regards

Good afternoon,

I am in the stainless steel tube bending business and I need to know what standards or specification are used in this field to determine the max amount of flattening or ovality the tube can have.
How do you measure a pinched tube at its bend radius to determine if it is in spec or not?

Thank you

Hi, I have a small future project I need some advice on. What I need is some 3/4" or so tubing, steel or stainless that can be bent to 180 degrees with as tight of bends as possible. What would be my best bet for material and bending method? I only need to make a dozen or so bends. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Greg

Hello- I have to bend a 8' stick of 1-1/4"x4" oval tube in 6463-T67 on easy way to a 12' radius.

This:

DFA24A3D-C2A4-4C68-ABEC-59BB9FDFE7BD.jpg

Easy peasy or?
Do you think this needs to be captive on sides or just run on flat rollers?

Hello- I have to bend a 8' stick of 1-1/4"x4" oval tube in 6463-T67 on easy way to a 12' radius.

This:

View attachment 272162

Easy peasy or?
Do you think this needs to be captive on sides or just run on flat rollers?

I think you can get away with flats on that sneaking up the final radius (many small bite passes). It will deform some, but with big radius it shouldn't be that bad. Do you have a small piece to test with?

I do.
I can also turn a roller with shoulders to capture the sides but would rather not have to.
I also have some scrap sticks of that profile in 3”- I might really lay into one of those and see how far I can push it.

Thanks

You can't be serious thinking your gonna get a straight answer.

The OP hasn't came here since 2015.

And if they doo answer, it'll only be a sales pitch.

30 plus year of taking perfectly good tube and wrecking it, gotta question? Just ask Ill give ya the real story. WK

Tube bending model:PHI233

Hi every one I'm happy to join this group and I need your help to solve my problem which is that i have PHI tube bending machine working with PLC ALLEN BRADLEY i lost the program on the PLC i need any similar code for my machine
Can you help me with that problem??

Back