What's new
What's new

The world is about to re shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcsipo

Titanium
Looking at the maps it would seem Russian control of Mariupol would be a strategic win. The linked article is 6 weeks old so that needs to taken into account.

Yeah, it is a win, but...but who is going to live there, the Russians killed probably in excess of 20,00 Russian speakers in Mariupol, you know the ones they came to "rescue". I am, not sure how much goodwill is left for Russia in any part of Ukraine, even the puppet regime in Donetsk is pissed at them. Igor Girkin had scathing criticism of the Russian army.

standardparts

Diamond
Higher costs of everyday goods is making it real tough on average working people. Hate to think how it's hurting those on a fixed income. Stock market is getting hammered. Yeah...we might be in a world of hurt.

Trueturning

Diamond
The video is good and brings up many good points about changes coming or in process. The new concept that countries use their own local inputs into production and economy have always been valid in principle.

Back during the OPEC oil embargo there was high inflation and that is what many remember living through back then. No fun at all.

This began at a time of a historically high period of manufacturing. Of course we witnessed the exodus of manufacturing and the increase in manufacturing elsewhere in the world.

Food on the table or in the baby bottle are important things. The United States has seen a hobbling effect on the livestock and farming sector and for some time.

standardparts

Diamond
After a number of these economic up and down cycles I guess our leadership team has everything figured out to minimize the impact on working class Americans. Or not.

Trueturning

Diamond
Yep who knows? Best to focus on what is really happening now. I wonder how many friends here believe that gasoline will get to $6.00 per gallon? As far as our friends in Europe I am sure it is high yet wondering the average per measurement there. Here I suppose Americans drive a lot more miles in general than in the UK and Continental Europe.

barbter2

Aluminum
Yep who knows? Best to focus on what is really happening now. I wonder how many friends here believe that gasoline will get to $6.00 per gallon? As far as our friends in Europe I am sure it is high yet wondering the average per measurement there. Here I suppose Americans drive a lot more miles in general than in the UK and Continental Europe.
Here in Spain, we're now 2 Euro per litre.
UK (Southcoast) now £1.65 per litre (1.95 Euro).
Historically, my memory says UK was always more expensive than Spain - at least 20%.

Eleccy went up 55% this month to last.
And last month to last year - it's 500% rise. (500% not 50%).
So prices are levelling out - upwards.
With standard of living levelling out - downwards.

DDoug

Diamond
Historically, my memory says UK was always more expensive than Spain - at least 20%.

No Worries, the MonekyPox is gonna get ya.....:D

Freedommachine

Hot Rolled

Nice. Sounds like everything is going to plan then.

I'm pretty excited for the monkey pox, gonna be a good time. I thought weaponized Ebola was supposed to be next though?

Give it time, we'll all be gone and the 1 billion people left on earth will be living in 200sqft apartments, eating soylent green and turning in their neighbors for thought crime.

SeymourDumore

Diamond
turning in their neighbors for thought crime.

As someone who left everything behind - family, friends and all - because of the same shit some 37 years ago ....
You think turning in your neighbor because she went out of state to get an abortion is somehow different?

And before you paint me with a liberal brush like Scottl did a while ago, lemme educate you that I am as fiscally conservative as I can get, but I do leave some room open for liberal causes.
Pro choice is one of those liberal causes.
So is the Social Security system in the USA.
In some respect, so is a very ( and I do mean VERY ) limited social medicine for the masses.

Otherwise, You and I would agree agree on pretty much all other divisive fronts which is a plague in our country today.
I am absolutely convinced that You and I could have a very cheerful and memorable and conversational barbecue any day of the week,
and not only remain, but even become better friends after.

Status
Not open for further replies.