What's new
What's new

Thermite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if your core is weak, your ability to stand on the brakes may be limited, or at least changed in ways that you cannot predict. Yes they are over cautious, but probably not silly

This is how bad it has gotten:

tdmidget,

Your actions in this message (Thermite) are not appropriate:
Maybe it's time to bury what's left of this forum. We endure Big B for months calling everyone he disagrees with ( which is everyone) a Trump cultist. But when someone gets butthurt because Thermite speaks truth in a flowery dialect that requires most here to consult a dictionary, thesaurus and stylebook he gets banned . Banned by someone here a tenth as long as he. This site was made by people like Thermite. It is being destroyed by Johnny come latelys who want to run the show. Fuck it.
We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.
There is nothing there that is "abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or "trolling". Apparently the rules are that you may not disagree.

The best surgeons here are Chinese or Vietnamese.....the worst are Indians.........very few Anglos have the admission results to get into medcine ......something like the top .0.2% get into medcine. at uni.....and becoming a surgeon needs contacts in the trade.....and they are all Chinese or Indian.

This is how bad it has gotten:

tdmidget,

Your actions in this message (Thermite) are not appropriate:

We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.
There is nothing there that is "abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or "trolling". Apparently the rules are that you may not disagree.
You may not disagree or go against any official narrative. Demon just had his thread deleted because it told the stories of people who were harmed by the jab. It wasnt even anti-jab, it just shows how they were ignored or gaslit by everyone who should be helping them. But nope got to stick with 100% safe and effective, anything else is heresy.

You may not disagree or go against any official narrative. Demon just had his thread deleted because it told the stories of people who were harmed by the jab. It wasnt even anti-jab, it just shows how they were ignored or gaslit by everyone who should be helping them. But nope got to stick with 100% safe and effective, anything else is heresy.
His thread was not deleted because it was pro or anti jab or whatever. It was deleted because it was wildly off topic, completely unrelated to manufacturing or machining. As I mentioned to him, it was the sort of stuff that belongs on Facebook, not in on a machining forum. Furthermore he knew it was inappropriate and likely to get locked or deleted when he posted it as he commented on that in the post.

The point is, to circle back, that there are large groups who call a 'story' a 'fact' and treat it as such.
By and large the anti war movement accepted returning vets into their midst, unlike say, the VFW

Check out the 'Vietnam voices' link I posted earlier (or just search it on YT).

It is a large collection of interviews with Vietnam vets. Each one begins before they were drafted or enlisted and ends some time after returning home. I used to listen to them while running production, some of those guys had incredible experiences.

Anyhow, one common point among almost all of their stories was a bias against them upon returning home. It wasn't always being "spit on" but many claim to have encountered biased hiring practices because it was assumed that most returned "unhinged" and may snap at any moment. Many of them who enrolled in college recount stories of harassment from other students and professors.

You are right about the VFW though. There were a number of stories about that as well.

His thread was not deleted because it was pro or anti jab or whatever. It was deleted because it was wildly off topic, completely unrelated to manufacturing or machining. As I mentioned to him, it was the sort of stuff that belongs on Facebook, not in on a machining forum. Furthermore he knew it was inappropriate and likely to get locked or deleted when he posted it as he commented on that in the post.

It would be difficult to manufacture anything in America or Europe if your heart quits working.

Demons posts on that topic are almost always in reference to concern he has about the side effects that he and others may face due to the treatment. I view them as a PSA, not a trolling attempt.

Facebook sucks, don't feed the beast.

No, he didn't claim to know the topic was inappropriate. He requested that - if replies were to devolve into insults on a level where you deemed it appropriate to stop the thread - the thread be locked rather than nuked.

Yeah, I get that and agree with you about the way things are in the shop - but this is not a machine shop, it's a message board, so the rules are a bit different.

I have tried a compression belt, back brace, inversion table, acupuncture and all manner of other things. None really helps long term. Inversion table feels great for instance while I'm in it, but doesn't seem to have any lasting effect after I get out of it. Currently I have a spinal cord simulator that helps a bit and really helps me sleep quite a bit better but still have my 2-3 hour limit on my feet or sitting at a desk before it feels like I'm being tortured. The stim unit gets overpowered by the pain after that time. Feels like someone is pushing on the funny bone nerve but in my mid lower back instead of my elbow - like a harder and harder push on the nerve the longer I stand or sit up - I sit reclined whenever possible. Eventually it gets to be unbearable and I go lay down for a few hours twisted up in just the right way until it subsides. I've adjusted to it over time and now I know my limit so I don't suffer too much. If I go longer than that I might be down the whole rest of the day or even into the next. Docs say maybe some nerve or nerves were permanently damaged when the disc originally ruptured - they don't know for sure. Nerves and spinal cord are one of those areas not fully understood yet.
I hope you meant STIMULATOR :). Living with simulated spinal cords is hard unless you are running for office :). Did you do anything that caused a disc hernia, or do you have osteoporosis? You may want them to do a proper bone density measurement. For that, the best tool is a volumetric qCT. DEXA or ultrasound gets you close, but not enough to get a good Z and T score of your bone thinning. When you have thinning bones, your disc is more in danger—it sucks to deal with back pain :(.

Why wasnt it just move to general where OT is allowed? What's so inappropriate learning how some people were affected by the jab?

I have sent an email off to admin asking for a full clarification on the topic of politics etc. Hopefully we'll get an update soon.

Yes, I have had multiple surgeries, so plenty of scans of this that and the other type. MRIs are useless in that vicinity now because there are a couple titanium pieces that cloud the image in that area. So now I get x-rays or CTs. I had an artificial disc replacement years back but didn't help a whole lot. Looks like this nowadays:

Hardware:
View attachment 375961

Stim electrode:
View attachment 375962

And laying on my back with legs up feels good sometimes for me too, but when the pain is skyrocketing I lay on my stomach with my head on the arm of the couch so my back is arched backwards, then set the footstool off to the side and pull my right leg up as high as I can and extend it to the right almost like a wing onto the foot stool. There I stay until the pain subsides. I discovered that position was best after a ton of tossing and turning "research... "
Awesome images :). Too bad you needed them. I know people with L or C disc problems; having this in the middle of your back? Man, I can sympathize, but I never had severe back pain, so I probably can't even imagine, BTW I collect images like that :) In their original format as they come off the scanners. Yours is something I have not seen yet.

Done is done and it is really tough to restore a bad back condition once nature or overstressing does harm. My son took a hard smack coming down too hard with a snow machine. I messed up my hip just last year unloading a big parts rack. My buddy Phil with trying to lift a sunk boat that was sand stuck.
For young guys try to avoid lifting over 100 lbs by yourself. I think a proper Iodine level helps to avoid Osteoporosis, and a too high protein level can be a contributor

Last edited:
No it doesn't belong on the facebook that I don't have. It belongs in the mainstream media being presented without bias, being transparently and openly discussed, but it aint, is it. The folks in that video have been marginalised and shut down, including having groups taken down from facebook. Maybe they're just a bunch o liars, but they must be pretty fucking good at it to be getting 120K Gov issued vax damage compensation checks!
You had a choice, delete entire thread or lock after clearing the trash. However its cut, your choice resulted in furthering their censorship.

Here it is again for anyone thats interested.

And heres a funny on topic meme for those that arnt. Its really quite good, it has
Steven Seagal in it.
Fdvu39sXkAEqZ5u.jpg

Last edited:
Check out the 'Vietnam voices' link I posted earlier (or just search it on YT).

It is a large collection of interviews with Vietnam vets. Each one begins before they were drafted or enlisted and ends some time after returning home. I used to listen to them while running production, some of those guys had incredible experiences.

Anyhow, one common point among almost all of their stories was a bias against them upon returning home. It wasn't always being "spit on" but many claim to have encountered biased hiring practices because it was assumed that most returned "unhinged" and may snap at any moment. Many of them who enrolled in college recount stories of harassment from other students and professors.

You are right about the VFW though. There were a number of stories about that as well.
I think this is exactly the point, the story of being spit on evolved from the way they were treated on return, and not by anti war activists, per se, By the gov't and by many people who then years later use the hippies spitting on vets story to deflect their own guilt/responsibility etc
Returning Vietnam vets were treated poorly on their return, period, full stop. To pretend it was 'hippies' is worse then deflection, it is denial of the real problems and treatment they faced.
After all, in 1972 who was in charge that could have made a positive impact on the lives of returning vets?
Hippies?

I'm not sure that was actually even close to the birth of liberalism. That goes back to John Locke if I'm not mistaken. And yes, the Vietnam soldiers were treated terribly, and for a very long time. But yes please, let's steer away from that topic now.
I can't resist. You cite Locke as an early liberal. Liberal he may have been but in a good way. He was nothing like what we have now which is a bastarization of the term.

"Internationally, Locke’s political-legal principles continue to have a profound influence on the theory and practice of limited representative government and the protection of basic rights and freedoms under the rule of law.[18]

I think this is exactly the point, the story of being spit on evolved from the way they were treated on return, and not by anti war activists, per se, By the gov't and by many people who then years later use the hippies spitting on vets story to deflect their own guilt/responsibility etc
Returning Vietnam vets were treated poorly on their return, period, full stop. To pretend it was 'hippies' is worse then deflection, it is denial of the real problems and treatment they faced.
After all, in 1972 who was in charge that could have made a positive impact on the lives of returning vets?
Hippies?

I agree on this point, and I never said anything about hippies or anti-war activists. Greg, on the other hand, did bring the political stuff into the mix. And the people in charge were the ones who should've been taking the brunt of the anger and protests, not the soldiers, most of whom were doing their best in a very difficult situation.

I can't resist. You cite Locke as an early liberal. Liberal he may have been but in a good way. He was nothing like what we have now which is a bastarization of the term.

"Internationally, Locke’s political-legal principles continue to have a profound influence on the theory and practice of limited representative government and the protection of basic rights and freedoms under the rule of law.[18]

No argument from me there... He was the birth of the movement I'd say. But not what it has been distorted into these days. As with anything else, his idea has evolved into something much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back