What's new
What's new

Thread Roller Help

Jessssssse

Plastic
I just purchased a used 2015 TSUGAMI / R16A-II and trying to set up a good rolling process. The issue is that after about 2 minutes of rolling, the part begins to advance forward. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? The material is 4340 / 37Rc with a 1.75" diameter.

Attachments

• Roller.jpg
    Roller.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 40
The only threads I've had the pleasure of rolling were much smaller than your 1.75 threads, but at a guess if you're rolling them for over two minutes you're taking too much time. The threads I rolled were 3/4 NPT and formed in a matter of 3-4 seconds.

Reactions: Ox
The only threads I've had the pleasure of rolling were much smaller than your 1.75 threads, but at a guess if you're rolling them for over two minutes you're taking too much time. The threads I rolled were 3/4 NPT and formed in a matter of 3-4 seconds.
What he said.^^^

Any time I have watched videos of thread rolling it takes seconds. Probable cause of the part advancing is the elongation as the threads are rolled. I use an axial type and 2" of 12TPI is done in under 10 seconds in 42Rc material.

Ed.

Gotta go quicker than 2 min for sure. Maybe put a stop in there to prevent it from moving forward?

Reactions: Ox
Thanks AJ!

Reactions: aj

Back