What's new
What's new

Thrust bearing built into the end of a shaft

52 Ford

Stainless
I don't know if I said this - The "bearing plate" that the bearing ball rides on was a VERY hard piece of steel. It shattered during whatever incident lead to me getting a broken trolling motor. They either hit something really freakin' hard when they were in the water (I doubt it) or they dropped the entire trolling motor on it's skeg from 4 or 5 feet - maybe more. I decided to replace the "bearing plate" with some steel that might be 40RHC. I didn't feel like hardening steel that day, so it is what it is. I lubricated the bearing ball and the oilite bushing adjacent to it with some very high quality oil. I mean, worst case scenario, the motor locks up and I have to use a paddle to get back to shore... Thing is, I'm fishing with my friends who are paddling anyway. I only did this because I got the trolling motor for free. Paddling isn't an issue.

52 Ford

Stainless
I still have one of these Grat tables.

View attachment 346294

The desk that I'm typing this at right now is made of two JBL L-100 speakers and a glass top. Hi-Fi was "my thing" for a while. The room I'm in right now has 11.3 surround sound. I have 3 8" subwoofers and a 15" woofer. I haven't counted the speakers in a while, but most of them are floor standing. JBL, Klipsch, Yamaha, Paradigm, etc. I honestly haven't cut any of my AV stuff on in 4 or 5 years. Ended up buying some new Denon crap for the living room, ran the speakers for that and sort of got bored with AV at that point. I WANT to get back into it, but I unhooked some of my Hi-Fi stuff and it's SUCH a pain to hook it back up. I have to move the cabinet with all the AV gear in it to hook the wires back up... It weighs HUNDREDS of pounds. Plus I have trinkets on top of it that I don't want to break... mostly collectable beer bottles, but some actually cool stuff, too (my switchblade collection, gold plated tools, etc.)

Edit: I say Denon "crap" It's a SUPER nice AVR - it's once of their "custom install" series AVR. I think it's 1200 watts - which is stupid high for an AVR. The speakers aren't that impressive though - not bad, just on the small side. Acoustically, the room sucks balls. I'd have to rotate the couches 45 degrees and move them to the middle of the room to get DECENT surround sound.

Not my living room. Whaaatttever.

52 Ford

Stainless
I was going to add a picture of a Cheech and Chong vinyl, but I just flipped though and I didn't see it. I know for a FACT that it's there... I'll check tomorrow.