What's new
What's new

Titan CNC Academy

Guess they can't find qualified person to setup and run it.
Most of the guys out there on YouTube must be all hired and paid by Haas Tormach and others.

I hate Haas's cheap marketing. As I usually do with all my customers and vendors, I follow them in LinkedIn. I like to hear about customer's success histories, documentaries, etc... But I also follow possible potential 'partners', such as Yamazen, Mazak, Okuma, etc... You cannot compare the professionalism of their marketing versus Haas.

Last edited:
Have any of you guys ever noticed the HAAS mill sitting in the Gas Monkey Garage that has never even been powered up?

I say the same thing every time I watch that show! It's a VF-3 SSYT if I remember correctly.

I love when they go see Sue the upholstery lady and she calls Richard "ass monkey".

At least the guys at OCC and Boyds shop used those machines and made some really cool stuff on them.

****edit**** On second thought, I cant remember if Boyd had a Haas or not, been a long time, I just remember that goofy lookin kid making a lot of real neat looking parts.

I did NOT watch the VI-DE-OS, but BASED off seeing a couple of his YOU...TUBE videos I am going to BET that he TALKS loudly and SLOW-LY at times while he puts EM-PHA-SIS on the SYLLABLES of certain WORDS.

I know a guy, who knows some people in the car biz' that know Jesse James personally. And I hear he's actually a bigger a'hole in real life than on TV.

He is.

I give TV people a break - even in "reality TV" they are acting. He might just be using his money/brand to explore new ventures. If he's serious about giving training to inmates, that's awesome. Opportunity should reduce recidivism. Making inmates into pariahs after they get out is just going to shut them out of society and give them no other way to live.

Doesn't mean I'll ever watch the dumbass youtube or TV shows, but the stuff he does in 'meatspace' may be completely different than the internet/cable-tv.

They are mostly just the existing Fusion 360 videos, presented by their original author like Lars Christensen etc.

And yes, the "free CAD / CAM software" is the same Fusion 360 you can already get through Autodesk without having to watch the a**hole first.

And yes, baran3, he does that bizarre spelling out of simple words, perhaps the ones he's only just figured out himself.

So, all shirt and no trousers, just like the guy himself....

Hey we better be careful..... the way things are going this guy could end up our next president. :dunce: I really like him, I think his show and academy are not aimed at us...... if you put yourself into the mindset of someone not knowing about CNC or even how things are made I think this guy might get you thinking you could do it. Titian is 180 degrees from me, an old guy who has done this for 45 years. But I sure like his energy and attitude..... Good luck to him. -mateo

I say the same thing every time I watch that show! It's a VF-3 SSYT if I remember correctly.

I love when they go see Sue the upholstery lady and she calls Richard "ass monkey".

At least the guys at OCC and Boyds shop used those machines and made some really cool stuff on them.

****edit**** On second thought, I cant remember if Boyd had a Haas or not, been a long time, I just remember that goofy lookin kid making a lot of real neat looking parts.
I think they had a haas lathe at Boyds shop.
I just remember cringing as the goofy looking kid went to go drill out some existing holes in some steel wheel spacers using the old hand for a clamp tecnique.

I didn't check out the academy.. Because i don't think I can handle hearing him pronounce his name Ti TAN more time.

A for effort though.

I met Jesse James once in a random bojangles in nc.. And I found it very odd that he was alone. But we spoke briefly and he didn't come off as an asshole at all. (though it would of been understandable since the man was just trying to eat some chicken)

I don't know.

The subject is interesting to me, but i just can not get over his over-the-top narration style.

Yes, he might be putting "the word out there" and popularizing machining as a trade, but i just wish whoever sponsors him chose a machinist with different, less repulsive style.

And apparently despite the (obviously) large amount of effort being PUM-PED IN-TO THIS GUY his vids are not getting the adequate viewership.

Lol. The spelled narration... I literally heard that in my mind

Orange vise should make more videos. Id watch that and click spring and day before titan.

mike curtis is a badass machinist.. very talented.. made wheels for chip foose for years

Back