What's new
What's new

Titans of CNC at IMTS 2022

i dont think anyone is really discrediting what he has done. the ellison guys here have worked with him plenty and all say that he's a really cool dude in person and this is just a face he puts on when on camera. which is cool, just wish he didnt.

I had a guy literally try to tell me his "cousin" in Virginia had talked to Trump in 2015 and that he wasn't like what he was on TV and in campaign and here we are. So yeah, he probably is exactly like he is on Youtube lol.

The most interesting conversation I’ve had at IMTS was with the head grinder at Moore Tools. He was there to answer questions and knew jig grinding like no one else I’ve met. That meeting made the entire trip worth while. Since then I seek answers to long lingering questions I’ve had about random topics. There are a lot of experts at the show, chances are they’re not under a spotlight.
One might miss a conversation with a real expert if one is distracted by Hollywood.

It is interesting to me that certain fairly well-known brands, like Sharp and Fryer, will not be exhibiting, but a vast sea of obscure outfits will. The amount of IMTS-related spam mail in the last couple weeks is incredible, and so much of it is from outfits I have no interest in.

Reactions: Ox
So, tell me ... Did anyone see Mr. Titan at the Blaser booth?

Purty sure that he wasn't in there when I walked past on ... Friday morning I think.
Didn't see anything promoting his presence either.
Actually a smaller booth...

???

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

So, tell me ... Did anyone see Mr. Titan at the Blaser booth?

Purty sure that he wasn't in there when I walked past on ... Friday morning I think.
Didn't see anything promoting his presence either.
Actually a smaller booth...

???

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
Small booth, big head.....problem.

Did anyone see they were trying to start their own social media thing? It was at least an interesting idea: Kind of a LinkedIn thing with a focus on showcasing machinist projects. Was supposed to launch next week or something, looks like they took down everything about it. Or maybe I’m just blind and suck at this internet thing.

What you guys are forgetting is that his persona is not directed at grumpy old timers. His intent is to draw interest in manufacturing from high school students. I'm not his biggest fan either but the kids in the local trade school love watching his videos. We should be thankful of anything that draws young people into this.

When I was a teen in the early 2000s the "biker build off" type shows were all the rage. They had plenty of people with bold personas. While I don't want to emulate those people as an adult, they are the single largest reason I perused a career in manufacturing as a young person.

I saw him, and his entourage around IMTS. A younger guy that attended IMTS with my company tried to meet him, and the ass just blew him off, like he was wasting his time.

I saw him, and his entourage around IMTS. A younger guy that attended IMTS with my company tried to meet him, and the ass just blew him off, like he was wasting his time.
Was the OP orbiting around said "Rock Star" as he progressed thru the "show" ?

Maybe Mountain Dew will come out with a customized flavor "Blaser SwissLube" with the rockstar's endorsement on the can ?
:D

Last edited:
Given the fact that he has achieved some undeniable success.....The way he acts says more about our industry than it does him.

His antics are most likely an act, but the industry sucking it up is not.

Back