What's new
What's new

TOS (omnitrade canada variant) 5 axis horizontal cnc mill - 1991 fanuc 15m need ladder and will pay

memoryman

Aluminum
Unless the builder strictly followed the BMI, a generic ladder will be useless. The switch input addresses are assigned by the BMI, but a builder can assign them if they want.

Then, if there is a toolchanger and magazine, there will be no support for any of that. Brakes or locks for the rotary axes will not be addressed in a generic ladder either.

You are pretty much effed unless some with the same machine sees this. Then, they would need to have the PMC RAM board to output a ladder file for you. Very few builders leave a PMC RAM board in a production machine.
"Then, they would need to have the PMC RAM board to output a ladder file for you. Very few builders leave a PMC RAM board in a production machine." There are easy ways to get the ladder transferred without a PMC RAM board.

memoryman

Aluminum
Never Ignorance - i've been working with electronic machines since mid 70's and cut my teeth on GE mark 1 and pratt and whitney transistor controls (tape-o-matics) used to have nightmares for 20 years but they finally went away thank god! seriously!) I can be assured when i wake up tomorrow I get to see a new, completely unique problem that gives me enthusiasm to continue into my aging and this is a great resource/tool to converse with others - so thank you so much for replying.

We do have a second tos with Hiedenhain so your suggestion is probably the next step, perhaps in conjunction with a generic ladder that helps satisfy the PMC/NC interlocks and timing functions. Yes on getting everything backed up! This one was missed as the machine is used 24hours a day for defense work and mostly never breaks down. Every once in a while, even the best techs miss one! God Bless!
Same here: started in 1974 with GE as a field service engineer (remember UMAC, GE100, GE 754X).
I am currently recreating the NC parameters for a one-off 15TFA control (no back-up).
I am extremely familiar with the 15A controls, having designed a memory board for it.

preston714

Plastic
Same here: started in 1974 with GE as a field service engineer (remember UMAC, GE100, GE 754X).
I am currently recreating the NC parameters for a one-off 15TFA control (no back-up).
I am extremely familiar with the 15A controls, having designed a memory board for it.
Awesome! There was a GE engineer that helped me with GE7542 and 550 - Richard out of North Carolina but cant remember his last name - he was amazing. the 7542 was first integrated circuit control and had the ultrasonic quartz crystal math division (2's) delay line that was so fascinating - using a shift register to merge two data streams in a way that made division possible - Also, seeing synchro resolvers and understanding the sine/cosine method for maintaining axis position long before digital quadrature encoders came on the scene. It was an amazing time to be involved in the beginning of modern machine process control! thank you for responding sir!

memoryman

Aluminum
Awesome! There was a GE engineer that helped me with GE7542 and 550 - Richard out of North Carolina but cant remember his last name - he was amazing. the 7542 was first integrated circuit control and had the ultrasonic quartz crystal math division (2's) delay line that was so fascinating - using a shift register to merge two data streams in a way that made division possible - Also, seeing synchro resolvers and understanding the sine/cosine method for maintaining axis position long before digital quadrature encoders came on the scene. It was an amazing time to be involved in the beginning of modern machine process control! thank you for responding sir!
Not to forget Accupin and Inductisyn feedback...

preston714

Plastic
Not to forget Accupin and Inductisyn feedback...
Yes, on lucas, g&l and milwalkematic machines - westinghouse controls (forgot the type) and bendix 5M and 5T. Great feedback but easily corroded when water based coolants became popular.

Last edited: