What's new
What's new

Towmotor forklift parts

BigAlxrpcrypto

Plastic
Looking for a parts book for a 60' Towmotor. I just bought this unit for personal use but I think I'd like to restore it like a military version. I got it running, changed spark plugs and alternator but my next issue is that I have no brakes, not even parking brake. I think I will get the shoes relined but I'm almost positive I will need new brake cylinders and likely a new master cylinder. Interested in getting brake cylinder rebuild kits. Any help is greatly appreciated.

john.k

Diamond
You usually find the handbrake cables are seized inside,and need replacing.......the service brakes are usually needing a full rebuild of both master cylinder and wheel cylinders.....I suggest stailless relining.........but if you fit new CI cylinders ,then try using a non brake fluid that wont soak up water and rust the cylinders..........and a reline of the shoes if required......often the linings and drums are good,because the brakes have never worked.

m16ty

Hot Rolled
You will be hard pressed to find a parts book, and even if you do the part numbers will be next to useless. There is zero factory support on these old lifts (Cat bought out Towmotor years ago). I’ve got a couple of older Cats and a Towmotor, everything has to be sourced aftermarket or made.
I’ve had good luck for master and wheel cylinders by finding numbers on them and just matching it up online.

john.k

Diamond
The US made forks are never a problem,mainly due to the classic truck restorers being a large market for the same parts..........dont try jap stuff tho.....brakes are generally Akebono and unbelievably expensive .....and due to weird designs ,cannot be substituted.

NoMaD42

Plastic
I have a 1966 502S I was able to locate a Parts and Operations Manual. It covers 422S, 462S, and 502S models. If it helps I can scan a page for you.