What's new
What's new

Tried and True Machine

New iron!..................literally..................a big chunk of iron.............................

51813824710_73dd822209_k.jpg

Well it's at least 90% +/- iron..................

It's a Peddinghaus.................forged steel. 275 pounder................

Where did you order yours from? I have been following these on Zoro and with their 20% off coupons they sometimes run the price is really attractive, especially when compared to the cost of used anvils, at least around here. I did notice they have raised the price a few hundred over the last several months but still seems like a good value.

Yeah I grabbed this one from Zoro............came out to a fuzz less than $6/lb shipped to my door.....................................

Still lovin' the Speedio................this part is perfect for the machine. 4140............1.5 minute cycle time................................I know these would be over 2-2.5 mins on the Haas. I make 5-600 every few months.

52053150222_b4d71a9096_k.jpg

Rock / Hard Place?
or Carpal Tunnel?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
Wheeler/tree.................. back in the day I could fall off a bike with the best of 'em. Quick tuck, tumble, roll, and back to business................I flopped off the wheeler and braced with my hand. Stupid..............:rolleyes5: Broke a bone and had to hire a guy to install one of those expensive screws.

Yeah, that's why Mamma doesn't want me to git a (dirt) bike.
Me being down for even 6 weeks would be detrimental to my business.
I'm sure that you will be able to work through it, albeit a bit slower.
Glad it wasn't a femer!

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Good thing your mostly cnc!

When it happened to me I was mostly manual with only a prototrac retrofitted Bridgeport, Yeah that sucked.

I didn't break anything just a real bad sprain.

I realized quickly that I can't be doing stupid shit anymore lol.

Reactions: Ox
You doo understand that that ins will pay your wage right?
It doesn't cover lost revenue in the shop. (gross sales/shop overhead)
And it Shirley doesn't get your customers their parts.

Long Term Dissability is prolly a good policy for the self employed, but Short is barely a band-aid in his app.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

You doo understand that that ins will pay your wage right?
It doesn't cover lost revenue in the shop. (gross sales/shop overhead)
And it Shirley doesn't get your customers their parts.

Long Term Dissability is prolly a good policy for the self employed, but Short is barely a band-aid in his app.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
You beat me to it. What kind of insurance replaces those customers after they move on to a different vendor?

Reactions: Ox

Back