What's new
What's new

Trijicon RMR RM08G machining dimensions for a Gen4 G23???

doug925

Titanium
I have a Gen4, G23 that I was doing some custom work on for a HCSO, and blemished the slide.
This was when they were BRAND new, and nobody made/ had gen4 slides.

I ended up buying the gun from him, and it has sat in my safe for a few years.
I think I want to machine the rear end of the slide for a Trijicon RMR RM08G, but don't have (or know where to get) the pocket dimensions and boss size/ locations.

I am going to remove the rear dovetail all together, and plan to mount the RMR directly to the slide.

Would anyone care to share their thoughts, and pocket dimensions? (if any)

Thanks,

Doug.

I have a Gen4, G23 that I was doing some custom work on for a HCSO, and blemished the slide.
This was when they were BRAND new, and nobody made/ had gen4 slides.

I ended up buying the gun from him, and it has sat in my safe for a few years.
I think I want to machine the rear end of the slide for a Trijicon RMR RM08G, but don't have (or know where to get) the pocket dimensions and boss size/ locations.

I am going to remove the rear dovetail all together, and plan to mount the RMR directly to the slide.

Would anyone care to share their thoughts, and pocket dimensions? (if any)

Thanks,

Doug.
There is enough room and depth on the slide in front of the rear sight. Just be absolutely sure you don't pop through the safety plunger hole.

I do these pretty regularly. Trijicon sent their mounting pattern, but I signed an NDA.. They are more than happy to share though if you hit them up.

1/4" Rougher
1/16" Finisher
1/4 x 90 Deg Chamfer
R.01 Engraver
6-32 Threadmill

Pocket is .125 deep, 6-32 minors are .187 deep from the pocket floor. The right side is going to pop thru into the extractor hole.

Attachments

• IMG_4439.jpg
    IMG_4439.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 14

Back