What's new
What's new

Turning off the shifting icons thing in Mastercam 2022

implmex

Diamond
Hi All:
Here's another plea from a bewildered Mastercam 2022 user:
For some goofy reason I'll never understand, MasterCrap shifts some of the icons on the toolbar around every time I go from one sub menu to another, but it only does it sometimes, and only for some icons.
For example, I want to show or hide some entities.
There is a Hide/Unhide button on the HOME menu.
Sometimes when I go into the HOME menu it's in a different place and I have to hunt for it.
Ditto for analyzing an entity...sometimes the icon is on the left side of the toolbar, sometimes in the middle, sometimes on the right side of the toolbar.

What Fuckwit at MasterCam ever thought that this would be a good idea?
Is it supposed to be "intuitive" or some stupid shit like that?
Is this "normal" behaviour for the new and awful Mastercam or is something FUBAR'ed in my installation?
How in God's name do I turn it off before I explode and put a fist through the screen.

OK, I'm calm enough now to get trying again.
But this shit is going to make me old!
Before my time!

I keep having to chant "Violence is unproductive...Violence is unproductive...Violence is unproductive."
Thanks for letting me rant, and if anyone has a solution not involving shotguns, I'm all ears.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Oh yeah, while I'm at it; did they get rid of dynamic model rotation....they have this fucking awful icon that allows you to rotate a model in the viewspace but you have to tell it by how many degrees you want to move the model in each of three axes (or maybe three planes...I'm not sure which even though the dialog box says "ABOUT X ABOUT Y...ABOUT Z, so a logical person would think....)
But it sure as Hell doesn't do that...it does other weird shit I haven't figured out yet.

This is Mastercam trying to be 'smart'. If you select a piece of wireframe geometry in the graphics area, a new toolbar will open with commonly used functions related to wireframe. Same for solids, surfaces, mesh, drafting. The normal location of your commands has not changed, they will still be on their regular tabs, just if you select something you have an additional tab that is supposed to help.

You can turn these new tabs off by going into your Customize ribbon, select tool tabs and uncheck all those you don't want.

Rotating models, just click and hold your middle mouse button, then move your mouse around.

Yeah the tool tabs terrible for established users. I guess it might be handy for people trying to learn it from nothing, I dunno.
As for hide... ALT+E is the hotkey if you want to skip the icon.
Hides everything not selected and also brings the hidden entities back.

Good morning All:
I have a correction to post:
It's Mtndew I owe forever, and now goooose for keeping me sane with my new wire EDM software.

Modelman...I can owe you one too: even though maybe not for a MasterCrap lifesaver, at least not yet:D.

Mike1974, I just emptied my INBOX, so all should be good again.

If any of you guys come for a visit, I suspect I'll be buying a lot of beers even though I don't drink.
Good thing there's an artisan brewery right next door and two others within two blocks.
My corner of the world is turning into "Brewery Row"

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Back