What's new
What's new

type 2 spindle orientation fanuc omc excel

rock

Plastic
I have an old excel colt 510 about 1993 model with a fanuc omc control. This machine has spindle orientation type 2 which looks like it uses the same encoder to do spindle orientation that is used for rigid tap. It is mounted benind the spindle and is connected with a small timing belt. The orientation with m19 is consistent but is off about 3 degrees or so in alignment with the spindle keys. The encoder is a fanuc a86L0027001#002 and the orientation board is a20b0080242/0204a . How is spindle orientation adjusted on this type? All I have ever delt with is the type that has the magnetic sensor that rotates on the spindle itself.

If you have an encoder working with an orientation board you should have roary swithes on that board. I think there are 3 switches. positions are numbered 0 thru F. by setting these switches to different positions you can shift the orientation position.

The encoder is a fanuc a86L0027001#002
Look for 3 blue rotary switchs, should be easy to find and easy to get to.

on my machine(bridgeport 316), the left one is the course control, center for fine control, and right for really fine.
and make a note of the values before you start turning stuff.
makes it easier to return to your starting point if things go wrong

Boris

Like the other guys said, should be 3 pots on an option board. That board is attached to your spindle drive. I think the pots are from left to right coarse, medium then fine.

Dave

Thanks,

I found the 3 little pots and made the adjustment. You guys were right on target.

Tim

our shops website
http://users.mcreccwb.com/tim2005/

Back