What's new
What's new

Uberti 1885 High Wall Trigger

Sparky45

Aluminum
Long story short; sent my High Wall off to be re-bored; got it back and loaded up some ammo to sight her in. Got at the bench, positioned, shouldered the rifle and just touched the trigger and BOOM! Went back to the shop and tested the trigger pull; consistently 1.5#. When I sent her off, the trigger pull was between 4.5 ~ and 5#. All the screws are tight on the trigger spring, hammer spring, and lever spring. What the heck is the reason for the "hair trigger" I now have??

I am not familiar with the rifle so I would start with the user manual. If you can't get a clue from that, I would inquire of the person who did the work.

The owners manual has a schematic of parts and a description of how to safely load the rifle. The smith that did the work doesn't know.

Well , You have posted on other forums,

Have you tried placing a spring behind the trigger?

I'm leaning towards the spring being out of position. I'm the second owner of the rifle and I know the original owner and there's been NO stoning of the trigger or hammer, or sear.
I need a detailed picture of the trigger spring correctly in place.
Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it!

Got a replacement trigger spring ordered should be here last of the week, hope that fixes the trigger pull.

Got the parts and within 15 minutes they were installed and the trigger pull is now a crisp ~4.5#. Couldn't ask for better.

Sparky, was the original spring weak or in the wrong position? I don't have an Uberti but I wonder if my Browning 1885 is similar in construction. Glad you got it fixed . Jim

I would imagine your Browning is very similar. Some (1885's) were made with leaf trigger springs and some with coil, as I understand. My 1885's problem was the wrong spring in the gun and the new spring works great.

mine is the coil type, it is a completely different mechanism than the original as far as I have read, I am not in a hurry to do anything with it really, mainly curious. Glad you got it fixed reasonably. Jim

Back