What's new
What's new

Unknown Metal Lathe

Andre02

Plastic
Hi All,

A friend of mine just bought what we think is a Euro lathe , most writings on it are gone but some writings we still can see are in Spanish.

Can you help us identify that lathe?

All I have for now is a pic of the company logo which I include here.

I hope to be able to post more pictures of the lathe asap

Thanks for your help

Sonny's Lathe.jpg

Find a convenient nut or bolt to remove and see if it is metric or English.
Bill D

That only works on old stuff Bill. I remember the company I was working at changing to metric completely over one weekend in about 1973. All the bins in the stores were completely emptied of Imperial nuts and bolts etc and re-filled with metric equivalents. That’s nearly 50 years ago now. It was chaos at first but we got by.

Regards Tyrone.

Bill D

Diamond
That only works on old stuff Bill.
The photo looks like it is in an old grimy shop with little lighting. So I assumed it was a old machine. The logo looks to be cast iron, not plastic or pot metal.
Of course my 1973 Volvo 145 was all USA fasteners, not metric. I belive Sweeden changed to right hand drive on the roads in 1967. But Volvos were always left hand steering. Did they make right hand steering cars for the UK?
Bill D

The photo looks like it is in an old grimy shop with little lighting. So I assumed it was a old machine. The logo looks to be cast iron, not plastic or pot metal.
Of course my 1973 Volvo 145 was all USA fasteners, not metric. I belive Sweeden changed to right hand drive on the roads in 1967. But Volvos were always left hand steering. Did they make right hand steering cars for the UK?
Bill D

Yes they did, our motorway ( freeway ? ) police forces liked “ Volvo “ estate cars because they were seriously fast.

Regards Tyrone.

L Vanice

Diamond
Bill D

I bought a new Volvo 164 sedan in 1969. It did indeed have mostly USA standard fasteners, and American-designed transmission and rear axle. But the German ZF brake and steering components had metric fasteners. That was when I added metric tools to my collection.

Larry

52 Ford

Stainless
Definitely a European mill. The steering wheel is on the right hand side.

Also... not very traditional. They usually have 6 or 8 spokes.

Sent using Morse code on - .- .--. .- - .- .-.. -.-