What's new
What's new

Using feed per revolution on the sub spindle - Fanuc 21

Pete Deal

Stainless
I'm still working on tweaking my first part (Miyano BND-42S5 lathe). I'm to the point of chamfering the back side of the part. This is the only back side operation I need to do. The tool is a little piece of carbide with a chamfer. I had the spindles synched and running to part off the part, stopped them then started the sub. It gets to the "G01 Z10.00..." line and stops. The main spindle is not running. I suspect is that it's looking at the main spindle speed (which is zero) for the feed rate? No errors or alarms just quits. I ran the same code with an M204 (start both spindles reversed in synch) and it works. Is there a way to get the machine to look at the sub spindle speed for feed per rev feeding? This is the code-

(CHAMFER BACK OF PART)
(BACK END FACE IS AT 10.94IN NOW)
G28 U0 (SAFE TOOL CHANGE LOC)
Z2.0
S1000 M103 (START SUB)
G99
T0909
G00 Z10.84
X0.25
G01 Z10.99 F0.002
Z10.84
G28 U0
M105

This is the first that I have ever heard of a 21 on a sub-spindle machine.
I've only ever heard of it on 2x lathes.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Sub spindle, full positioning on both spindles, milling (No Y), part catcher, part conveyor, etc. It's taking all my brain power!

And, I've referred to your (Ox's) comments 10 times in the thread on using G10 and setting the tools at the chuck face. I'll put a link below if I can find it.

But... I almost, but by God's grace didn't, crashed because of it (G10). I changed out a tool and set it to the chuck face without cancelling the G10- big mistake I hope to not repeat.

The only time that I ever set to the chuck is the first time.
Maybe even only the first tool - the first time.

Ass_u_ming that your T1 never changes?
And ass_u_ming that your first opp is generally to face the part?

I would just cycle the first N in the new job, or maybe only the face-off, and then any new tools will then touch off to THAT surface. By that time your new G10 has already been cycled, and you are always on the same page.

Again, cycle G10 P0 Z0 in MDI, and then set your first tool to your ref surface, then - never again would you need to ever touch off of that surface again. You are creating your own problem.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back