What's new
What's new

Using Mazatrol tool data for EIA programs

hhtw

Plastic
Parameters allow separating tool data (geometry offset and compensation) for Mazatrol and EIA side. Do you use the same tool data for both Mazatrol and EIA side (if you run "mixed" programs), or prefer to keep them separate? I like to use the same tool data for both, because it's less hassle and fewer errors. We mostly run Mazatrol and EIA mixed within the same main program.

I use the Mazatrol data on both except when using sub spindle and same turret position with a different tool on lathes. I have not figured out how to use Mazatrol data when calling up second tool on same turret position. I run only EIA 99,9 percent of the time. the only parameter I change to do this is use a G54 on sub spindle and G53.5 on main. The Mazaks are weird like that.

What machine & control are we talking about? the new smoothAI default to Mazatrol tool data & WPC when starting in Maz then continue to use same data with a subP to EIA. You can change the parameter to force the control to not use the Maz data when running EIA, but i thought that was a PIA. WPC is also the same by default, so no need to set both WPC & G54 unless you want to make it work that way.

Attachments

• param.pdf
    257.6 KB · Views: 19
I was mainly talking about a msy lathe with Matrix control. Though I also use Mazatrol tool data on a 510c mill with Nexus 640 M. I have never even started a program using Mazatrol on the Mills. The Mazatrol offsets take a couple of extra button pushes but having the tool position in manual mode all the time is something I wish all controls would do.

Oh, and the G54 is only for the sub spindle wc. As well as all tools being used on sub spindle.

how do you do part transfer. im having a issue with mastercam ...i keep getting soft limit ... the w is at 0 and the part 0 is at the front of the part so it doesnt like it .. been using mazatrol for transfer but id like to use mc for it all

I use the Mazatrol data on both except when using sub spindle and same turret position with a different tool on lathes. I have not figured out how to use Mazatrol data when calling up second tool on same turret position. I run only EIA 99,9 percent of the time. the only parameter I change to do this is use a G54 on sub spindle and G53.5 on main. The Mazaks are weird like that.
This is fairly easy. You label the sub side tool with a letter in tool data and call it up in EIA with a number (the list is in the manual). I label all sub tools as S. In EIA that callout is T0101.18

Back