What's new
What's new

VanNorman 12, Logan 9 x 54, Hauser Jig bore

DDoug

Diamond
VanNorman mill complete with horizontal over arm, and arbors, extra collet set (2 complete sets). $650

Logan Lathe with collet closer, 3-jaw, 4-jaw, collet rack and collets, QC tool holders
$1000

Hauser 16" x 24" Jig bore, mt-3 spindle $1200

Attachments

• GEDC0366.jpg
    GEDC0366.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 700
  • GEDC0368.jpg
    GEDC0368.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 763
  • GEDC0370.jpg
    GEDC0370.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 775
  • GEDC0371.jpg
    GEDC0371.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 695
  • GEDC0373.jpg
    GEDC0373.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 732
Beautiful time of year for a drive. :D I made two trips last year that were that long, both single day turn around. It leads to some great stories. I would however suggest a driving partner if trying the "iron man" approach. My first trip I had a buddy so I swapped off in the late morning and before lunch time I took a nap for about 30 minutes. Second trip I ended up alone. Left at 04:00 and was half way thru another state by sun up. But by sundown I was toast, and got stuck in someone's local rush hour nightmare after getting off the highway for gas. I would have stopped somewhere and napped but I was being chased by rain storms. As I recall I backed the trailer into the drive at 23:00.

The Logan looks more like a 10" or 11". You can check with the serial number at Logan's web site.

Yes. 10" logans had similar collet setups but the spindal of that one looks like the 2 1/4". Headstock looks taller as well. Price is about right if the bed is good. Looks like the longer bed too.

The Logan looks more like a 10" or 11". You can check with the serial number at Logan's web site.

Yep - looks like a 5C collet setup in the spindle of the logan, which
points to it being an 11 inch machine. Just a guess.

Definitely not a 9" Logan. Had one of those at the museum and it was not nearly as heavily built as this.

Yes. 10" logans had similar collet setups but the spindal of that one looks like the 2 1/4". Headstock looks taller as well. Price is about right if the bed is good. Looks like the longer bed too.

Gentlemen,
the tag IIRC reads "9 x 54"

Gentlemen,
the tag IIRC reads "9 x 54"

Are you reading the model number? That looks like a 900 series lathe but that is not the size. Look the serial number up on logans web site. I think you will find it to be a 10 or 11".

On edit: there was a 954 11" pedestal base model.

Last edited:

Back