What's new
What's new

Vise squad -- pics -- let's see yours

New Vice need help

I just got this Holland Vise. It weight roughly 75lbs. It has markings on the opposite side from the logo... no. 115. It has a single threaded bolt coming from the bottom. Does anyone know the history or info about it? I Literally can't find any info about this guy online. I want to clean it up, repaint and use this big boy!
IMG_6983.jpgIMG_6959.jpg

I've run out of things and places to bolt vises, and likely not worth photographing unless someone needed information on one. Seems unlikely

But if anyone wants the opinion of someone who does a lot of bench work.
The daily drivers are Wilton C0's with swivel bases mounted into 2" receiver tubing. Various sockets with stout binder bolts

The second most used, a triplet of very pedestrian Wilton fast acting woodworking vises, aligned with one another to hold long stock
IF I had to thin the herd, I'd be hard pressed to work efficiently and comfortably without the above two.

Hard serrated jaws on one C0, aluminum jaws on the second
The woodworker vises all have masonite jaws, rough side out.

Most coveted, infrequently needed a Dawn 150 "Offset", just the ticket for automotive and tractor maintenance (which I try and avoid)

The one with the best story, A small Morgan swivel jaw purchased new from Morgan Milwaukee about 10 years ago and purported to be "the-last" and already decades old.

The oddest a Wilton 800 with 10" x 20" cork lined jaws made up to hold heavy foundry patterns. Not especially user friendly.

Thanks! That’s the first piece of literature I could find anywhere on the internet about my vice.

Now that is something you don't often see. Thanks for posting the photo.

Any idea how much of that was done by the owner? I'm assuming the ornamental clamshell base is part of the casting, but maybe it's an applique? Is there a closer view of the engraving on that members-only site?

Todays project is a Wilton vise found about 2 years ago in a scrap yard, appears to have very little use, frozen solid, think someone painted the cylinder section then screwed it back in and it has paint glued it to main body. Watched a few YT vids on disassembly, allen wrench trick did not work, pins are nowhere close to being aligned so driving with punch did not work. Just mangled the first pin to get it out, might have to do the same for other pin.

Edit: Second pin is out, there is over a 1/4" misalignment of the pins, looks like it is going to be a press job to separate the rest.

Attachments

• wilton 1.jpg
    wilton 1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 87
if its painted together [stuck] could it not be loosen up by heating it like in an old bbq to like 300 f or so

Back