What's new
What's new

VMC enclosure..dreaming of an easy repaint option...help

nice!! do you have coolant/oil exposure on a regular basis to it?

curious: was your situation like mine, where the exterior of the panels was in good shape, but the inside was basically stripped to bare metal?

also curious: did your garage paint have the "chips" in it and does that look weird? which garage paint did you use exactly?

The outside was in real good shape the inside not so much, just happened they had the color tan real close to the original color.

Here is the before and after

ed98c000860b9d8989e8adda861283ce.jpg

e157810b7ac391acbfa0dfea6e010688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10ed6e8e57751298f4cc379f94751bec.jpg

The outside was in real good shape the inside not so much, just happened they had the color tan real close to the original color.

Here is the before and after

ed98c000860b9d8989e8adda861283ce.jpg

e157810b7ac391acbfa0dfea6e010688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10ed6e8e57751298f4cc379f94751bec.jpg

wow looks nice! how much usage have you put it through? plenty of oil and coolant exposure? is it peeling at all or how is it now?

the cerakote data sheet says 860 sq ft per gallon at 1 mil thickness with 1 or 2 mil thickness recommended

the paint Id use for the mill interior panels is something like 100 sq at most fit so in theory a pint would be more than enough..and thats $70

they have a ton of colors including lots of beiges...oops I mean tactical desert earth or whatever lol

this seems pretty interesting and cheap...especially since cerakote actually described what they thought was a good prep and it only needs degreasing and scotchbrite

any comments? anyone try this?

Im not sure why they even bother to paint the bottom of the enclosure. Paint/powdercoat, nothing has a chance on the floor constantly covered in coolant and chips.

If I were refinishing an enclosure I would probably just strip the bottom and leave it. Bare metal would look way better then half bare and half paint. Just paint the sides.

Looks great! Upgrade to led lights inside too!

I just painted my recently purchased machine. Previous owners decided they wanted a custom coloured machine. It was awful.

Back