What's new
What's new

Want to buy

smokinjoe

Plastic
South Bend 9" pulleys needed

Hi I have a South Bend 9" A model 16 speed w/quick change gearbox. I am looking for the 4 groove V belt counter shaft pulley P/N:AS431NK2 . I found another part number listed in the parts manual I just bought as 9W103V. I am also looking for the 2 groove motor pulley PT2136K1. The size I found for that is 3" and 4 3/16 not sure if that is correct but still need one.Please let me know if you have these or where I might be able to find them

Thanks
Joe

Last edited:
You need to add something to your title so people know what you are looking for without having to click.

Otherwise you will be opening yourself up to scorn and ridicule :-)

You might also want to post this in the South Bend forum.

Steve

You need to add something to your title so people know what you are looking for without having to click.

Otherwise you will be opening yourself up to scorn and ridicule :-)

You might also want to post this in the South Bend forum.

Steve

Right, I had already stuffed a box full of chestnuts to fill this thread. now I gotta glue them back on the tree.

I have the same kind of lathe tucked away in the corner. Ask me specific questions re dimensions of parts in question if that will help you in your quest and I’ll measure my machine. I won’t go looking up parts by some obscure serial number.

L7

Hi: What I am specifically looking for is the 4 groove ( V belt ) cone pulley that goes on the counter shaft , the lathe already has the V belt pulley on the head stock. I also need the pulley for the motor, the parts book shows it as a 2 groove cone or step pulley which ever one you want to call it (V belt) one large and one small diameter groove. Sorry for posting errors this is my first time trying to put a lathe back together so I can use it.

I'd be willing to bet you can buy the countershaft 4 groove pulley and the motor 2 groove pulley brand new from McMaster Carr and about 2 dozen or more other companies. All you need to know is bore and pulley diameters, motor pulley diameters is not critical, countershaft pulley diameters are a critical dimension.

McMaster-Carr

Edit: Ok, not seeing 2 groove pulleys on McMaster, only 3&4. 2 groove electric motor pulleys used to be standard fair, maybe someone else carries them.

Joe,

Vbelt South Bend lathes are rare, but complete headstock and countershaft assemblies come up from time to time on eBay. I have never once seen just the pullies listed, so my guess is that what you are looking for will require lots of patience.

Otherwise... Buy a replacement headstock with a standard 3-belt flat pulley. These are common.

The two speed motor pulley with a 5/8 shaft is not uncommon... I just sold one.

Also.. BE MORE DESCRIPTIVE IN THE DAMN TITLE. it's very annoying to not do this. Be sensible, we are not born with endless patience :)

Back