What's new
What's new

Wanted: 8,000+ lb forklift within 250 miles of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Borealis

Aluminum
For the last month, we've been looking for a bigger forklift to move equipment on pavement and packed gravel. We need 8,000 lb minimum lift capacity, 10-12k-lb would be better, but we don't want something much more than 15k-lb. (The 30k Hysters from the local sawmills are way too much forklift.)

We only need to use this a few times per year so shiny, luxurious, feature-rich forklifts are not required. We've tried to find a suitable unit with Spokane Forklift and a couple other material-handling outfits already but they want to sell newer stuff with a giant price-tag.

Any leads on a working unit would be very much appreciated.

For the last month, we've been looking for a bigger forklift to move equipment on pavement and packed gravel. We need 8,000 lb minimum lift capacity, 10-12k-lb would be better, but we don't want something much more than 15k-lb. (The 30k Hysters from the local sawmills are way too much forklift.)

We only need to use this a few times per year so shiny, luxurious, feature-rich forklifts are not required. We've tried to find a suitable unit with Spokane Forklift and a couple other material-handling outfits already but they want to sell newer stuff with a giant price-tag.

Any leads on a working unit would be very much appreciated.

I'm sure you have seen this already, prolly a bit more that 250 but not crazy far... have no relation to add just saw and thought id pass along...

Forklift Caterpillar T80C Propane - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale

Run from it... old as the hills and hard rubber tires, only fit for flat floors, no outside stuff, and 6.5k insane... 1k is resell on that old junk...Phil

Run from it... old as the hills and hard rubber tires, only fit for flat floors, no outside stuff, and 6.5k insane... 1k is resell on that old junk...Phil

Yeah, 1k used to be the resell, but the prices on every forklift-shaped object have seemingly rocketed higher in the last couple of years. I did see this lift for sale on CL but it's not quite what I'm after. If it was 10 miles away and $2k, there's a good chance it'd be good enough for our purposes, but at that price and distance...not so much.

Back