What's new
What's new

Wanted - Operator Manual for First LC-18VS Mill

Boss604

Plastic
Hi
I have just purchased a used First LC-18VS mill. I bought the machine from a fab shop that was closing down and they no longer had the original operator manual. I have not used a mill before and would like to get the correct manual to help me learn how to operate and maintain this mill properly.

I have found a manual on the web from Ozark Tool Manual & Books. I am not sure if this manual would cover all years that the LC-18VS was produced.

FIRST LC-18VS LC-18VHS Horizontal/Vertical Milling Machine Operating Instructions Manual - Ozark Tool Manuals & Books

My machine (photo attached) has a different looking head than the mill that is shown in the Ozark Manual. I think my machine may be a newer model of the LC-18VS? Does anyone know whether that manual should cover all years that particular model was produced?

Thanks in advance for any advise anyone may provide.

Rob

First LC-18VS.jpg

DDoug

Diamond
Hi
I have just purchased a used First LC-18VS mill. I bought the machine from a fab shop that was closing down and they no longer had the original operator manual. I have not used a mill before and would like to get the correct manual to help me learn how to operate and maintain this mill properly.

I have found a manual on the web from Ozark Tool Manual & Books. I am not sure if this manual would cover all years that the LC-18VS was produced.

FIRST LC-18VS LC-18VHS Horizontal/Vertical Milling Machine Operating Instructions Manual - Ozark Tool Manuals & Books

My machine (photo attached) has a different looking head than the mill that is shown in the Ozark Manual. I think my machine may be a newer model of the LC-18VS? Does anyone know whether that manual should cover all years that particular model was produced?

Thanks in advance for any advise anyone may provide.

Rob

View attachment 348631

Why not ask Ozark ?

Boss604

Plastic
Why not ask Ozark ?

Good idea Doug. I did send them a note but they don't think that the manual they have is the correct one for my version of the LC-18VS.

Does anyone out there have a machine similar to mine and have a manual they would be willing to share?

Thanks
Rob

BT Fabrication

Hot Rolled
I have the basically same machine here, there is a local dealer for first milling machines here in toronto.
as for maintenance, basically way oil mobil vactra 2 or equivalent in all the cups and in the manual lube pump once a day. and grease on the one fitting for the spindle bearings. everything else is the exact same on all machines. keep it clean. the manuals for these things were pretty basic and never said much anyways other then parts breakdown of them.

only thing id suggest, it like on mine, it had rubber accordion way covers to protect the box ways and prevent chips from getting into them.

the heidenhein DRO is seperate, and need to look that up seperately by the model number. they are out all over the place.

the power down feed, everyone breaks the gear box typically because they leave it on and run the spindle in reverse. as i see the handle is already missing.
looks like the y axis is a broken handle that has been replaced before. along with the manual power feeds.

lucky7

Stainless
Thomas Skinner used to sell them here. Wouldn’t expect much in a manual for a First mill, but maybe they have and can copy for you?

L7