What's new
What's new

Wanted: Shizuoka VHR Knee Mill

Still looking!

(And if your photos are from an ancient ad in Thailand, I probably won’t believe you when you claim your selling out of Denver). :skep:

There web sight has a date of 2021 on it so maybe not.

Even if you not in the market for a new one, they would know where every one in the states is located. Might even send you to a shop that had one for sale.
Like I said, that brochure is an oldie.
Yamashita America doesn’t carry or import Shizuoka, but they are going to try and find a friend who dealt with Shizuoka in the past. I mentioned a used one is great & he will get back to me.

Bummer, Yamashita USA says no Shizuoka importers left in USA.
Wasn’t worth their time to search for used ones either.

Still looking…

Local machinery place sold 2 to Tesla I think it was like 4 years ago. Brand new full price all the trimmings. Was around $100k each.

Local machinery place sold 2 to Tesla I think it was like 4 years ago. Brand new full price all the trimmings. Was around $100k each.
I love my Shiz, don't think I would ever sell it. I have never personally seen another one around though.

My SV-CH is an amazing machine. With the flywheel, big solid cast body and CAT50 spindle, it really chews metal for such a small footprint. But it has a (mostly) fixed head & the quill movement is quite limited. And it’s a bit slow for smaller carbide. Max is 1200 RPM.

If I could find a VHR, I would get that same table/feeds/base assembly but with a more conventional head. I would really like power X feed, and the horizontal option might be nice (VHR-G I think).

Yes thats what mine is a VHR-G , variable speed 40 taper vertical head with side to side tilt, 50 taper horizontal and power feeds everywhere. I'll keep an eye out for another.
I’m jealous, and thanks for keeping an eye out.

HGR had 2 of them on eBay for $3500 each & they suddenly ended both listings. :(

Yeah, Bob Rowe, the owner of Rowe Machinery has one. It is a 40 taper in both horizontal and vertical. It has a variable speed head unlike the one Jason from Fireball tool just got with the step pulley head.

While I do like the ton of X travel it has I must admit I like my Cincinnati Cinel 60 horizontal/vertical better. The horizontal is 50 taper which is nice for tooling, it takes CAT and NMTB. Also more rigidity with the bigger tools. Also the Cincinnati set the vertical head up a bit on the overarm. So unlike the Shizouka where you have to swing the vertical head to the back to go horizontal and use arbor supports the Cincinnati can just use them with the veritcal head in place. Very convenient.

Back