What's new
What's new

Wanted to buy, Leonard Grind-R-Lap

Ohio Mike

Titanium
I bought a new Baldor carbide grinder about 45 years ago when I began using carbide tools.

Then I got a good used Leonard Grind-R-Lap and cleaned and painted it. I liked it better than the Baldor for most work. A few miles from me, Continental Diamond Tool, New Haven, IN, made me a pair of laps for it using my steel rings. Worked great for brazed carbide and extending the life of inserts. I very seldom use the Baldor anymore. The Baldor is single phase, so no way to slow it down with a VFD.

Then, years ago, I got a new Glendo Accu-Finish and stopped using the Leonard. After using the Accu-Finish, I stopped looking at carbide grinders, though I did buy a spare Accu-Finish to get the additional wheels it had.

I turned the Leonard on just now and noted the lateral motion is not working (it used to). Maybe I will turn it over and look in the bottom to see what got stuck.

Larry

Mine is a 'Kool Karb' branded unit and has a lever on the side for turning the lateral motion on or off.

kustomizer

Titanium
My Ohio grind-r-lap machine showed up today, it looks good though there is some assembly required and I will likely look at that this weekend., Thanks Mike

The other one is heading this way from Oregon and should be here in a couple of days.

Ohio Mike

Titanium
My Ohio grind-r-lap machine showed up today, it looks good though there is some assembly required and I will likely look at that this weekend., Thanks Mike

The other one is heading this way from Oregon and should be here in a couple of days.

Glad it made it, assembly is two pins and bolt as I recall. The light included wasn't wired up. Hopefully you are happy with it.

kustomizer

Titanium
I decided to clean up and paint them, I started with this one as it has a light that is cute as a bugs ear, I'll get to the other one soon but it is working as is . I need new tires for the osilating wheels, I am hoping there is a radiator hose that will work.
IMG_4500.jpgIMG_4513.jpgIMG_4514.jpgIMG_4499 (1).jpgIMG_4498.jpg