What's new
What's new

WASTED CORNER BORING BAR

It is a discussion board guys, it's not a place where you're paying to obtain precise, targeted information. You could always pay a consultant instead of asking questions here...

For the price paid, there is a lot of good information freely shared here. I wouldn't complain too loudly, myself.

Think of a thread here as sort of like a brainstorming session. People throw out ideas in an effort to help you with your question. Sometimes the ideas are helpful, sometimes not. Sometimes they might even give you a whole new angle on your problem that you hadn't considered. Sometimes that can make things go much easier, sometimes not. Wouldn't you rather have the option of picking and choosing? I sure would.

Last edited:
CET has some Dorian bars with the pocket you need at 1.5” and 2” bar diameter, cheaper than I thought, but dunno if 1.5” or even 2” would be rigid enough?

Maybe do like Garwood says and get a smaller (even a square shank would work) holder, shorten it to your needs & turn a nub on its backside. Then bore a big bar to fit the nub, press them and weld them up. Oh, and maybe a chamfer or two on the OD flanges if needed for the weld…

I swear Toolmex had a square holder for cheap that you could mod & mate with a big bar.

Everyone wants to use this unused corner on a CNMG.
But there are flavors of CNMGs and some never designed to cut on this corner.
I have bars and milling cutters that use them. Not so much store bought so not much help here.

I so mistook the entire weld thing. We just weld up the entire end and make a new pocket of whatever is needed.

Last edited:
I think I mistook it also!
:o
And often times I forget I honestly don’t know shizzz compared to members here.
Still learning…:fight:

Back