What's new
What's new

Way OT - Labor and Delivery

Whysosharp

Cast Iron
Hey All,
The wife and I are in labor and delivery awaiting the arrival of our first son. I wanted to share with you great folk. Maybe he will be the 4th Generation of Jurmans in manufacturing one can hope!

Last edited:
Congrats and hopes for "smooth sailing"!

Hold her hand, and all that,but resist the urge, DO NOT LOOK!!!

repeat..

DO
NOT
LOOK

DO
NOT
LOOK

You have been warned!!!

Again, congrats! :)

Spend the first two years teaching him to walk and talk, and the next fifteen telling him to sit down and shut up!

best wishes to the three of you!

Congrats and best wishes!!

Bada Hoke Papa jaisa Bane!!!(This is in Hindi and it means, May he grow up and become like his Dad(Machinist))!!

That was the first thing we decided I will be doing the cord cutting. The doc says T-minus two hours pictures to follow later after we've settled down thanks for the support fella's.

congratulations. I am 56 now. My mother said that when I was born the total package for all the prenatal visits and the standard delivery was $100. My brother who was 7 years older was $90?
Bill D.

it this your first child, or first son? either way, congrats.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but please have two kids back to back. The best thing we did is have two kids back to back. They are 14 months apart. one boy and one girl. they are 4 and 5 years old now. they are best friends and play together all the time. they look for eachother and hang together, even when in larger groups of kids. They love eachother so much.

My first born was my son. I love him so much and i think how much enjoyment he would be missing out if he did not have his sister. He would be stuck in a "quiet" home with just me and his mom. I see kids in solitary like this, buried in their electronics, or just playing in silence with the things their parents buy them for occupation. Sorry if I come across as a dick but parents of only children are really shorting themselves and their kids. I'll probably only get one chance to give you this information so I am taking my shot.

Two kids are not harder to raise than one. All the accessories you buy will pass right on down. Your car(s) will just as easily seat two instead of one. I realize this is coming from someone whos kids who are only 4 & 5. Ive got 13/14 more years to go ... actually a lifetime I'm sure of being a parent. But I am 44 now and I have my head on straight and am raising some pretty smart and amazing kids. I cant imaging not having two close together.

Congrats to you again. It is the best thing ever to be a parent. Enjoy the moment.

Congratulations ya'll's life has just begun. Trust me when I say the missus can be very strong during these times careful what you offer her to hang on too. At about 2 or 3 start using the phrase "I'm not going to tell you again" with a stern look on your face and in a calm voice.
My boys grown now would instantly stop whatever it was they were doing and try to figure out what they had done to hear those words. One of those Jedi mind tricks ya know. Also refrain from using the word "No" you're going to end up using it too much anyway. Use a phrase like "Not in your life time" or one of the many popular others. Internet and games tread carefully here its a new world. Go outside as much as possible with your son the more time you spend outdoors the better it will be.
My two cents and 21 years of raising two boys.

I have raised two boys who are full grown now. Try not to forget what it was like being a kid and it may make things easier later on. I have traveled to many foreign countries in business and in the service and I have seen a universal phenomenon. When kids turn 12 or 13 they don't seem to like you very much. Just remember that it is not your fault. It's genetics and hormones and not something you did or didn't do. 300 years ago kids at 12 or 13 were raising families. They were generals at 21 and "over the hill" at 45. Kids at 12 or 13 are young adults. It's perfectly natural for them to rebel. Their hormones are telling them that it's time to leave the nest as adults but our society dictates that they are still children for another 4 or 5 years. What a terrible predicament this must be. They are literally begging you to throw them out of the nest, but of course you can't and wouldn't hopefully. Just try to remember what it was like. When they get a little older they will be your best friend. Congratulations on the birth of your child. You will live forever vicariously through them.

Crossthread your post is oh so true!!
I am watching my daughter struggle with her 17 year old daughter
seems she has forgotten, I constantly tell her
I know a guy that had a daughter:)
Gw

Congratulations!
Talk to grandparents about what makes their grand kids so special.... then cherish your time like that!
We just has another baby at 40.... man, is it different.
All that worldly shit goes out the window and you want to enjoy the child this time!
my 80 hour weeks are gone, offers for second jobs turned down, etc. I want to spend my time raising my daughter to be the best that she can be. This world is tough enough, they need every advantage they can get.
Teach them life lessons. Teach them REAL SKILLS. Teach them to THINK!
People say "it goes fast" yes, especially the little years.
Seems like just yesterday I was scrubbing up in the delivery room because the doc wasn't there and the nurses needed another hand. I thought I was going to have to "play catch". Doc showed up, was there 6 minutes!
Then all of a sudden that little cute stage is over and they are the same teen ager that we were.... dammit!
:wall:

I have raised two boys who are full grown now. Try not to forget what it was like being a kid and it may make things easier later on. I have traveled to many foreign countries in business and in the service and I have seen a universal phenomenon. When kids turn 12 or 13 they don't seem to like you very much. Just remember that it is not your fault. It's genetics and hormones and not something you did or didn't do. 300 years ago kids at 12 or 13 were raising families. They were generals at 21 and "over the hill" at 45. Kids at 12 or 13 are young adults. It's perfectly natural for them to rebel. Their hormones are telling them that it's time to leave the nest as adults but our society dictates that they are still children for another 4 or 5 years. What a terrible predicament this must be. They are literally begging you to throw them out of the nest, but of course you can't and wouldn't hopefully. Just try to remember what it was like. When they get a little older they will be your best friend. Congratulations on the birth of your child. You will live forever vicariously through them.

very true.

I was 20 years old when my parents had 2 more kids. both boys, a year apart. I was like their fun "parent" all through my 20's and into my 30's. I loved them and spent alot of time with them. Then when they turned 15, i did not get calls everyday and they didnt want to hang with me as much. it stung.

Now, in my 40's, I had two kids of my own. I learned alot from my two younger brothers on how time flies and how it stings when they get older. I cherish everyday with my 4 and 5 year old.

The best way to keep your kids from rebelling and leaving home (out of state) is to lead a killer life yourself. Dont be a boring parent that just barks orders to them and sits on your but watching TV. Build a life for yourself that is attractive and interactive. I want to live such that if my kids were to move away, it would be a downgrade for them. No one voluntarily downgrades themselves.

I want to help them find their true calling in life. Help them develop a successful niche that they create "ties" and are happy to stay close and not feel the call to venture off. My daughter is an animal lover. Maybe I start volunteering with her on the weekends helping at the local veterinarian so she sees business and medical side of animal care throughout her teenage years. By the time she is 18, she will be a pro, know everyone in town and have a head start on her journey. Kids are damn smart and there is no reason to think you cant set them up with a pathway at an early age that they can enjoy as a kid and also parlay into a living as an adult. My son, maybe we build his first go-kart together, then his first car. By the time he is 18, he has a corner in my shop and he is cranking out beautiful fabrication pieces with a growing customer base for himself. I just think your child's career and finding their calling in life starts at a very young age. Be their biggest fan, best supporter. Go through the highs and lows with them. What kid would rebel against that?

Congrats on little Jonah. he is a keeper.

JLJ = cool initials. there is a great logo in there somewhere

Back