What's new
What's new

Weiler matador transformer

Peter im not trying to settle nothing here because there is nothing to settle I'm afraid,its clear that we came from a completely different worlds and the fact that I'm new on this forum it doesn't mean that I have to allow him to be disrespectful with me,I'm on others forums from years and I never spoke like that to anybody it doesn't matter if they were newby on the forum or in the field,anyone started from zero in any single thing you learn in your life so I'm not gonna step back when I see arrogance and even more If that arrogance comes from someone behind a screen and not in front of me,he might have earned this right with all of you but not with me that's for sure,anyway again thanks for your help

You are feighting a needless battle
Just put him on ignore Life is too short to fight them all
If you looked at some of his earlier posts you see it is not a personal thing He does it all the time
I sometimes even enjoy his language

Peter

Hi everyone! Finally I managed to put my hands on the lathe,without help or instructions I had to guess how to do it .the most important thing was to test the lathe since I have only 5 days of holidays,I couldn't move it so instead of using the procedure that anyone else use I went for a simple solution,due to my ignorance in this matter I'm not sure what's the pro or the cons,what type of problem or risk I'm running.what I've done is: disconnect the 380v plug from the lathe and connected those wires to the vfd and then I connected the vfd with the standard 220v plug to my home power supply,everything seem to be working fine and I'm using the lathe controller for speed,on and off etc! My question is: by using this system in this way what's the risk involved if there is any? Pro and con?

Go from there

Then find which auxilary contacts to use for forward-reverse So you can connect these to the switch controlled by the handle on the apron
Then perhaps a emergency button
Then perhaps a potmeter in a convienient place
Main switch perhaps (Before the VFD) Nothing in between the motor and VFD
Then you can set all kind of parameters to regulate ramp up time Brake time Amperage you can set too
Its all in the manual

Peter

Go from there

Then find which auxilary contacts to use for forward-reverse So you can connect these to the switch controlled by the handle on the apron
Then perhaps a emergency button
Then perhaps a potmeter in a convienient place
Main switch perhaps (Before the VFD) Nothing in between the motor and VFD
Then you can set all kind of parameters to regulate ramp up time Brake time Amperage you can set too
Its all in the manual

Peter
Thanks Peter,
That's what I meant,if everything is working ok and I'm using the lathe switches why I need to setup all those things? By leaving everything as it is do I risk something? Like overload of the vfd or loss of power from lathe motor?

Back