What's new
What's new

Weird forum/Tapatalk behaviour

leeko

Stainless
Hi,
A couple of weeks back, I noticed that Tapatalk had stopped updating the PM content. No error messages or anything - just no new messages or forum posts. I figured the forum software was probably updated, and it would right itself eventually.

Sure enough, I started to see some new posts and yesterday, I replied to a post in the abrasive machining subforum entitled "surface grinder, high spots" started by member "JeremySF". We've exchanged about 10 posts back and forth over the last 24 hours.

The weird thing is that the thread doesn't show up in the website version of the PM abrasive machining forum, nor do any of my posts in that thread show up in my account history on the website.

I'm guessing this is a Tapatalk side issue, and there's some sort of communal sandbox that those posts are stuck in. Not really PM's problem, but it could potentially cause some confusion among users here so I thought I'd report it.

Curious to know if others are seeing similar...

Lee

I saw some of that, couldn’t figure it out, and removed this forum from my Tapatalk list. Now I feel like I’m missing out on secret content!

I am using the website from a home computer, I can look at it right now, and most of the posts I made today are not there.

And that makes it difficult to re-find the thread I was interested in and posting on.

Last edited:
I also got rid of Tapatalk because the forum wasn't updating properly after the update. It was my preferred method on mobile.

Just looking on my phone right now (no TapaTalk), I don't see the thread in the Abrasive section that Lee mentioned at all. And in fact, if I click on his post history, the posts from this very thread are not in it.

Last edited:
Interesting, Tony Quiring also responded to the thread I can see in tapatalk. I've asked him if he's using the website or Tapatalk...

Something is going on, because my Tapatalk is not showing anything from June. I tried asking a question in abrasive matching a few days ago via Tapatalk and it didn't even post. I then posted it directly to the website and that didn't show up on Tapatalk either. Today, that is showing, but none of the replies are. I should have noticed something was up went Tapatalk stopped showing notifications a little while ago.

Tapatalk is 100 times more user-and-eye friendly on a smarthphone when surfing forums like PM...so let's hope it gets to working correctly again!

ToolCat

Back