What's new
What's new

Well tooled Hardinge DV-59

BobH

Aluminum
I’m selling my well tooled Hardinge DV-59, Serial #15895 208v 3 phase. The electrical drawing in the cabinet is dated 1978 so the lathe is around that age or newer. The machine runs very well, everything works correctly including the oil pump. Everything goes together as a package. I need to move it out of the way to bring it another lathe so it won’t be under power much longer though I did take a video of it going through it’s paces with a nickel balanced on the headstock. Pick up only and I can load it in an open top truck. It comes with basically everything in the pictures and the drawer. Here is a partial list of parts and holders. I’m looking to get $2,500 for the whole lot. Bob

6 Position Turret
Built in Cutoff Slide
All Attachments & Tooling is Hardinge Unless Otherwise Noted
Model E Taper Cross Slide
Model E Double Tool Cross Slide
Model DSC Compound
4 Model D4 Tool Blocks
12 Model DSM Turret Tool Holders
1 Model TBA5/8 Boring Bar Holder
1 Model TBA3/4 Boring Bar Holder
2 Model T8 5/8 Knurling Tool
1 B&S 60-300 Balance Ed Turning Holder
1 B&S 20EA Roller Box Tool
7 Collet Style Drill/Reamer Holder
Asst. Drill Sleeves
3 Clamp Style Drill/Reamer Holder
4 Jacobs Chucks on 5/8 Stubs
2 ASM15 Riser Blocks
2 ASM16 Riser Blocks
2 Riser Blocks for Double Tool Cross Slide
1 Acorn #2 Die Holder
Overall.jpgDSC Compound.jpgTaper Cross slide.jpgDrawer.jpgDouble tool cross slide.jpg

No Problem. :) It's been running on 240 volts via a phase convertor for the last 10 years or so. Bob

I will see your 240 volts and raise you. I have the same motor on a similar model been running 25 years + on 243-247.

This is a smoking hot deal....

The value of like machines has dropped quite a bit over the last few decades, as people are willing to set-up CNCs for a small volume of parts, even doing 2nd op back work. I have an HCT that is worth 1/5th what I paid for it 25+ years ago and I have fixed it up. Still a very useful machine that is frequently used.

The value of like machines has dropped quite a bit over the last few decades, as people are willing to set-up CNCs for a small volume of parts, even doing 2nd op back work. I have an HCT that is worth 1/5th what I paid for it 25+ years ago and I have fixed it up. Still a very useful machine that is frequently used.

Granted but this is a very well-tooled machine. Price out the compound slide by itself.

Granted but this is a very well-tooled machine. Price out the compound slide by itself.

I have 2 of these already from years ago when they were worth something.

Just got 2 more for scrap price. Turned down 3 of them in the past 2 years due to not needing them and they are everywhere. I also got one of the half sized ones (HSL I think).

Great machines for sure. But they are everywhere and nobody wants them anymore.

Bob's correct- I'm happy to have it! It's very well tooled and clean! Have to go about reshuffling the shop to fit it in. Bob is great to deal with, and I'm pleased to have made his acquaintance! He even put up with me making fun of his truck! Thanks again Bob!

Larry, what do you want for your tailstock? I have one for my Elgin, but have not used it.

Back