What's new
What's new

What is this chuck exactly

Maybe if you said I have a *** made 4 jaw self centering chuck of *** diameter and bore size of *** dia in excellent/ok/it's buggered and only useful as a boat anchor and am interested in how much it's worth you would get more helpful information.

Maybe if you said I have a *** made 4 jaw self centering chuck of *** diameter and bore size of *** dia in excellent/ok/it's buggered and only useful as a boat anchor and am interested in how much it's worth you would get more helpful information.
Thank you for the informations will do better next time.

This I wonder Is a old 50+year old Bani chuck still better as a new cheap one ????

Peter
The chinese equivalent you can buy new today would be much worst its not even close. The cheap one would be of soft metal wich you can do nothing about and the tolerance bad and likely surpassing any lost of tolerance from wear in the Bani.

The chinese equivalent you can buy new today would be much worst its not even close. The cheap one would be of soft metal wich you can do nothing about and the tolerance bad and likely surpassing any lost of tolerance from wear in the Bani.
Buying chinese is almost always the worst decision. i have contact inside their factory and the story you hear are depressing

The good news is the chuck was hand fitted in the town of Vorarlberg Austria in 1964 by a gentleman by the name of Augustus Gloop (no relation). Augustus was a legendary drinker. That was believed to have enabled his extraordinarily steady hands, lending to the mirror precision of each surface in the chucks earning his final stamp.

This particular chuck, bearing the number 855, traveled to Switzerland in the spring of 1965 where it spent the following two years on a shelf before being sold as part of a tooling package on a new lathe. From there, its whereabouts were unknown for the next 56 years until late summer of 2023 where it was rediscovered and the numbers matching serial number was confirmed.

Last edited:
Buying chinese is almost always the worst decision. i have contact inside their factory and the story you hear are depressing
What the fuck do you know ? You cant even figure out how to measure a chuck and you're all obsessed over its color, the shape of its lovely jaws, whatever name is printed on a common-as-dirt device that's seventy years old and came with a rusty south bend.

You "have contact within their factory" hunh ? THE "china factory" I guess ?

Gag me with a spoon. Your advice is worth less than what it costs, you should have to pay us for making the mistake of reading it.

What the fuck do you know ? You cant even figure out how to measure a chuck and you're all obsessed over its color, the shape of its lovely jaws, whatever name is printed on a common-as-dirt device that's seventy years old and came with a rusty south bend.

You "have contact within their factory" hunh ? THE "china factory" I guess ?

Gag me with a spoon. Your advice is worth less than what it costs, you should have to pay us for making the mistake of reading it.
First i am interested in the chuck and thats why i am obsessed with it, i could tell ypu more about it. As far as the chinese goes, comments that seems to have started this, I would say i know quite a bit about the general state and procedures of a Chinese factories since i am close to a department responsible for insuring that the required standard is preserved, as per the signed contract. Hope that can take some off your nerve jeez.

Another “what is this so I can ask a stupid price when I sell it” thread.

It’ll probably get $50 on Kijiji after being listed for 10 months. Given the time involved thus far, a net loss
Another “what is this so I can ask a stupid price when I sell it” thread.

It’ll probably get $50 on Kijiji after being listed for 10 months. Given the time involved thus far, a net loss.
Come on don’t assume the worst everytime msybe i want to know the price out of curiosity

Before this blows up, let's take a step back fellas. Keep it civil. And I'd suggest maybe putting a self-imposed limit on throwing indignance around when trying to milk people for info to add to your sale ad. That isn't usually viewed in a favorable light.
I could not agree more.

Back