What's new
What's new

What's in your tooling inventory for mill and lathe work?

snipped.... If I purchase my own machines and begin buying tooling for jobs, I'm the type of person who will 100% create a spreadsheet and catalog every detail on every tool I own. If I get a new project, check the spreadsheet for tools I'll potentially need, buy what's missing. snipped more...

No one does this. No one. Because they are actually making something and don't have time to piddle around. Sure in a big shop there may be a record of these things for production control and to make the money counters happy. But a guy in a small shop isn't going to do this. He looks in the drawer and sees that he is almost out of 3/8 end mills and orders some more.

No one here cares if you know what tools they have. Its not a secret. Its that you seem to think that the grumpy old men here exist just so they can answer all your questions for you. So you don't have to put any effort into this - just have it served up on a plate.

This is not about generations, it seems to be about being so entitled that you think others should just drop what they're doing to cater to you. And now you're a little bothered that we haven't jumped through our asses to answer a question that does not have an answer? (Super special secret hint: spend some time researching, looking and reading on your own so you can ask good questions about the things you tried to get but just didn't quite grok.)

Buy a machine and start a project. Try to make or fix something. There will be plenty of people here who will answer your reasonably posed questions.

Back