What's new
What's new

When "The Universe" reminds you about Safety

I was pretty careful......I think the worst one was I was welding on a oil tank 60 ft up,when the guy driving the mobile crane got the boom tangled with the cherry picker ..the crane op was a long term employee,and he had brain damage from thinners,and would sort of malfunction in a tight situation......I was ready to jump onto the crane boom if the cherry picker went over ,as it was up on two wheels.... a very near thing ,and very scary.

Another funny one....I moved some traffic barriers to get the crane out onto the road,and in the two minutes the barriers were down a Mister Magoo with a car full of old biddies drove in through the gap and out onto the railway line....The site boss fired me on the spot,and the guy who owned the crane had to drive it .....and two days later ,he tipped the crane over,like wheels in the air .....and as they got him out of the cab he s yelling its all my fault.............but even better,two wimmin came out from WHS to investigate the incident,and wouldnt allow the crane to be righted,and the engine got locked with oil .

Back