What's new
What's new

Where Can I Buy These Oil Bottles?

52 Ford

Stainless
I've had these oil bottles for a long time. My dad gave them to me. He got them through work. I believe they shipped from Germany, through Siemens Nixdorf. I think I still have one in a ziplock that has the label on it (going to be very hard to find). He was a technician for a company that worked with them. Or maybe maybe Seimens-Nixdorf owned the company. I dunno. He died a month or so ago.

Anyway, they're excellent oil bottles for precision oiling. Not watch maker stuff, but if you want a single drop of oil on something, they work great. I use them for all sorts of applications. The one in the picture had Ballistol in it.

...gerrr... stand-by while I TRY to upload the picture.

Edit: Here's the picture. Take note the tape measure at the top of the photo is one of those stupid "self centering" ones, so it has a dumb scale. Never knew dividing fractions was such a talent till I saw one LOL

Take 3... Oil Bottle2.jpg

I got it. There ya go. Refer to the first bit of my post. :) Thanks!

I'm sorry for using that goofy "Self Centering" tape measure. It was the first one I grabbed. Not only it it s "self centering" tape, it is in fractions. :willy_nilly: ��

Not exactly what you showed, but probably functionally equivalent.

Object moved

But for my shop I go to Walmart and buy the store brand, saline, nasal spray. It comes in a squeeze bottle with a spray top that easily pries off for refilling. I toss out the salt water, wash them, and remove the internal straw AND SAVE IT. Then I drill out the opening in the top so that the straw will be a force fit and stick it back in. The plastic is pliable so I just measure the straw and use that size drill and the hole comes out actually smaller. I fill them with a variety of fluids, including soap solution, solvents, WD-40, and oils. So far nothing has harmed the plastic they are made from. If you omit the straw, the original plastic cap seals them completely liquid tight. Or you can cut the straw short enough to retract into the bottle and still cap them.

attachment.php

Very handy for single drops or a quick spray. And they are very sturdy: they last forever. I keep one in my pocket with some soap solution at all times for over 15 years now and they never leak or break. I have several around the shop with various fluids. The only real problem, as you can see in the photo, is labeling. They have a glossy finish and markers just wipe off. You can see a ghost image of the word "Soap" on the left hand one. I sanded the one with WD and that label is still there, but so is a lot of dirt. I guess a little less sanding would have been better. What I really need is an oil proof label or perhaps a paint made for plastics.

The last time I bought some I believe they were well under $2 so you can get several for the price of one at McMaster. Some other stores have round bottles with the same top and cap. I get the oval shaped bottles as they fit better in my pocket.

Back