What's new
What's new

Where to buy INCONEL 625?

SageGlad

Aluminum
Hey forum people.

Where would you go to purchase INCONEL 625 (nickel 625 alloy) for a job?
I got a couple quotes, and they are ridiculously expensive.
I know though it's not a cheap material, but still..

Can you guys share where do you go shopping for this type of material?

Anyone by any chance have a surplus? 3 1/4" or 3 1/2" in diameter and 1 1/2" in diameter? Something close to it? I would purchase..

Will be happy to hear any suppliers names because I definitely don't know all of them.
Thank you in advance.

As far as I know there's currently an ongoing shortage problem with those 625 sizes, maybe not as bad for 1.5".
And yeah, price of nearly everything is nuts and getting nuttier, shortages with some other alloys too for the past year.
Did you already check with Special Metals and maybe High Temp alloys. ?

McMaster has 1.5" diameter Inco 625 in stock. Not the cheapest place to buy material but they do have it.

Hey forum people.

Where would you go to purchase INCONEL 625 (nickel 625 alloy) for a job?
I got a couple quotes, and they are ridiculously expensive.
I know though it's not a cheap material, but still..

Can you guys share where do you go shopping for this type of material?

Anyone by any chance have a surplus? 3 1/4" or 3 1/2" in diameter and 1 1/2" in diameter? Something close to it? I would purchase..

Will be happy to hear any suppliers names because I definitely don't know all of them.
Thank you in advance.
I use rolled alloys.

@Oliv

Actually I don't think most of the forum members would mind if you dropped the actual price of what the guy was asking for. You would probably get an immediate sale if it was competitive.

But just linking the website of a supplier is frowned upon here, unless you're a machinist or shop owner like most of the forum members here. I personally don't think promoting an inconel supplier in a thread where the OP is asking for an inconel supplier is bad or annoying, unlike the spam threads where someone creates a whole thread to advertise or spams an irrelevant product.

That McMaster Carr price is outrageous. 1-1/2 diameter, 3 foot bar for over 1400 USD. D'fuq?

@Oliv

Actually I don't think most of the forum members would mind if you dropped the actual price of what the guy was asking for. You would probably get an immediate sale if it was competitive.

But just linking the website of a supplier is frowned upon here, unless you're a machinist or shop owner like most of the forum members here. I personally don't think promoting an inconel supplier in a thread where the OP is asking for an inconel supplier is bad or annoying, unlike the spam threads where someone creates a whole thread to advertise or spams an irrelevant product.

That McMaster Carr price is outrageous. 1-1/2 diameter, 3 foot bar for over 1400 USD. D'fuq?
Hey thank you for your reply.
I found inconel much cheaper then McMaster Carr, their price is really huge.
I personally think that we are here on the forum to help each other out, but not for any advertising. There is nothing really bad to share where we can get this and that for the industry, because there is a tons of companies trying to rip you off with double-triple proces which really kills a lot of shops who trying to be competitive within the country and some of this jobs will go overseas then... Do we want jobs or we want to keep secrets and keep loosing jobs?))) I don't think so.
I recreantly lost one rfq because the material inside the country was so expensive, that overseas they would charge what I would charge for only labor.
I prefer to keep our people busy, and not to inflate material prices for no reason (just because someone decided that he's a businessmen and he can resell everything and make 100-200% over the real price). Most manufacturers don't have time to call around the country for 2-3 days to find who is the real supplier and who is the guy trying to get in to your pocket without having what you actually need.

I've got a few feet worth of 2" AMS5666 left over from a job.
Don't have the certs, but do have the heat number for the lot.
Hey man, thank you for the reply. I'll keep you in mind for future because I have Inconel jobs more and more frequently.

I personally don't think promoting an inconel supplier in a thread where the OP is asking for an inconel supplier is bad or annoying,

Can't speak for anyone else but to me, if she (just one would have been enough) had said "Hi, I represnt so-and-so and we have inconel, please give us a call" it wouldn't ruffle my feathers at all. It was trying to be sneaky and think we were too stupid to pick up on a couple of seo people, like "Oh gosh, you too ? I needed some inconel just last week and these guys in potsylvania had some, they were so cool and professional, jee whillikers !"

That's like, yeah right lady, sorry but .... And the tag team thing was just way over the top.

Back