What's new
What's new

Where to look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Bryant

Plastic
I have a 1996 johnsford lathe with a Fanuc OT-B control. I’m programming using Mastercam v9 cad/cam
software On a Dell pc running XP pro. The up loads and down loads are handled through an RS 232 cable. Pretty much standard fare for the vintage. Everything works good except when sending programs from the machine control to the pc the NC programs go onto the computer double spaced and spread out. Trying to decide it it’s a post processor setting or a Fanuc parameter setting? Any ideas would be appreciate. Thanks

Everything works good except when sending programs from the machine control to the pc the NC programs go onto the computer double spaced and spread out. Trying to decide it it’s a post processor setting or a Fanuc parameter setting? Any ideas would be appreciate. Thanks

Text editor on your peecee sees the end of block character and turns it into another line. Either look for settings in the editor or get a new one that's smarter. Nedit is good.

Fanuc sends End of Block as two ASCII characters, Line Feed and Carriage Return. Most communication programs for the PC have a setting to strip the Line Feed character resulting in single spaced lines.

Trying to decide it it’s a post processor setting or a Fanuc parameter setting
Hello Tom,
Take a look at the setting of parameter 0070.7. When executing an Output using ISO Code, the EOB code consists of both LF,CR and CR,LF if set to "1". However, this wouldn't lead to double spacing in the one line if that's what you're referring to.

Regards,
Bill

Last edited:
Fanuc sends End of Block as two ASCII characters, Line Feed and Carriage Return. Most communication programs for the PC have a setting to strip the Line Feed character resulting in single spaced lines.
I tried editing both the line feeds and carriage return on the send/receive communication window on the cam section and in the post with no luck. thanks

Hello Tom,
Take a look at the setting of parameter 0070.7. When executing an Output using ISO Code, the EOB code consists of both LF,CR and CR,LF if set to "1". However, this wouldn't lead to double spacing in the one line if that's what you're referring to.

Regards,
Bill
Looking into the parameters currently. Thank you

Why not? I believe it meets the criteria and the rules for this section. If not enlighten me. Thanks
The objection is to your meaningless topic title.

This is clipped from the sticky thread for rules and guidelines....

TOPIC TITLES NEED TO BE DESCRIPTIVE
The worst topic titles are things like-
1. Please Help !
2. Hey everybody, look at this !
But even more specific titles like-
1. Need info on D31
2. G53
Are meaningless or nearly so to many, so will be locked as meaningless. My theories on the reasons for meaningless titles are-
1. The "surprise" aspect... open the package to find out
2. Laziness
3. Shyness (newbies are especially prone to meaningless topic titles)
Bottom line is we need members to simply tell us in advance enough info to at least get a hint of what the topic is about.
This for two reasons-
1. Many of us are in a hurry and don't have time to open posts we then find out are of no interest
2. Search engines concentrate on topic titles more so than content, so with proper title your topic is more likely to be found by others with similar issues later.
============

Didn’t have any success with the editor, on the pc or in Mastercam. Thanks

A lot of editors hide all kinds of stuff from you, especially "modern, helpful" ones. The builtin so-called text editor on a mac just totally butchered a bunch of html for me, thanks very much, changing it to css without so much as a please.

You really need an editor that will show you exactly what is in the file, not hide half of it "to help you".

I've always used nedit but I have messed with Notepad++ on windows and iirc it displayed what was actually in the file as well.

You have to actively search these days to find software that doesn't fuck with your stuff :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back