What's new
What's new

Who can manufacture this tapered steel tube? (Ford Axle Tube)

52 Ford

Stainless
Pretty sure I know where two of those axle tubes are. What vehicle do you need the tubes for? The two that I know of need work, but the funky taper that you want and the flange that bolts to the diff is intact. ends of the tubes are messed up.

Edit: You're looking for tubes off a 30's or 40's Ford - right? I'll have to make a call tomorrow if you're interested. No promises.

standardparts

Diamond
thanks for all your thoughts seems like I am back to where I began. "If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense." There is no space in this business plan for a loss leader this is a time-consuming and labor-intensive idea before we even turn the first wrench.a

thanks for all your thoughts seems like I am back to where I began. "If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense." There is no space in this business plan for a loss leader this is a time-consuming and labor-intensive idea before we even turn the first wrench.
Is this some kind of high school or tech school assignment where you make believe your bringing a product to market? Pick an existing product which appears to be a Winters quick change rear end and muddle through some sort of reverse engineering cost analysis. At least you could work up a basic drawing of the part with some specs.

Mud

Diamond
Looks like we've been played again by someone who doesn't know much and isn't serious. Yet another reason why I don't visit here much any more.