What's new
What's new

Who's quoting prices and having parts made in China

Are you asking because no one responded to your rfq?

I have a couple machines open and thought maybe I could help you out, but when I heard the word China I became very dis-interested.

Sorry, best of luck, though

Quick good and cheap...only place to get the three together right now is China. Quick turnaround, excellent quality, and rock bottom prices...the PRC is the place to go right now. I hear even itar items are now available through them! It's a great time to be a broker. I can get 50 parts made for 1/10 the cost of having it made state side, usually 2 weeks quicker, and 100% qc acceptance, most of the time with tighter tolerances than we request.

A broker today, but a stoker tomorrow. When the customer figures out to bypass you and go directly to the East.

"Once you have something, it's easier to fight for the right to keep it than it is to regain what you lost". According to PBS.

Raise the tariff wall.....Trump had the idea,unfortunately he was an idiot..........If you raise the tariff wall,it cant be piecemeal,its got to be 100%,and no exemptions for anything.....Every item imported is assessed at its domestic cost plus social cost of import,and a tariff levied to equalize the cost..........everytime anything is bought from China ,the monster grows a little bigger .You are the makers of your own destruction.

Quick good and cheap...only place to get the three together right now is China. Quick turnaround, excellent quality, and rock bottom prices...the PRC is the place to go right now. I hear even itar items are now available through them! It's a great time to be a broker. I can get 50 parts made for 1/10 the cost of having it made state side, usually 2 weeks quicker, and 100% qc acceptance, most of the time with tighter tolerances than we request.

The other advantage with Chinese suppliers is they respond to RFQ's much faster than US based companies.

Send them the stp file, typically you'll get a quote back in 1-2 days

Send a stp file to a US supplier, they'll then ask for drawings, then tolerances etc etc.

By the time the US supplier has gotten off his arse to quote, the Chinese are 50% done with the job.

How many people on here are quoting a price where the parts will be made over seas.

I am curious or might this be a scam that is going on.

I'm not 100% sure exactly what you are asking, but I can say that anytime I see someone trolling the RFQ section from somewhere else, I ban them immediately if I know about it. If they are lurking and PM'ing y'all, then you need to report the PM, and we will get that taken care of in a different manner.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Are you asking because no one responded to your rfq?

I have a couple machines open and thought maybe I could help you out, but when I heard the word China I became very dis-interested.

Sorry, best of luck, though

What are you talking about ? Someone on here that has an American address has sent me a quote and on that quote it has china on it
so what the hell is your point.

either quote or quit wasting peoples time Larry

The other advantage with Chinese suppliers is they respond to RFQ's much faster than US based companies.

Send them the stp file, typically you'll get a quote back in 1-2 days

Send a stp file to a US supplier, they'll then ask for drawings, then tolerances etc etc.

By the time the US supplier has gotten off his arse to quote, the Chinese are 50% done with the job.

Not so sure on the quick turnaround from china

I'm not 100% sure exactly what you are asking, but I can say that anytime I see someone trolling the RFQ section from somewhere else, I ban them immediately if I know about it. If they are lurking and PM'ing y'all, then you need to report the PM, and we will get that taken care of in a different manner.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'll send you a private message about who it is.

"Once you have something, it's easier to fight for the right to keep it than it is to regain what you lost". According to PBS.

Ah,
PBS, those giants of manufacturing knowledge.
We should all listen to their words of wisdom when it comes to all things capitalism.

As for China, we've discovered that Taiwan is much more easy to deal with. No "middle men" and the quality of material (a large part of our customer requirements) is much more easy to certify.

And in a close second is Vietnam to all of those requirements.

Not so sure on the quick turnaround from china

Maybe not now (lock downs/shipping backups) but a job that takes me 8-12 weeks the Chinese can get delivered (air freight) in 4 weeks.

The advantage I have over the chinese is i also assemble the parts, and guarantee that all mechanical assy's work on delivery. As assy is done state side the chinese are not availible to fix any mistakes in their machines parts.

Back