What's new
What's new

Why all the animosity towards Titan and others like him?

Built a rep on bringing manufacturing back to America... signs a deal with communist China to sell commie machines for dirt cheap. You can look up all of these articles about Chinese 3D Printers and Drones sending data back to China...China has a law specifically requiring customer data to be sent back to China. Look it up. Do you believe that these CNC machines aren't going to send part data back to the commies.... China thrives to rip us off...

Have you and john.k been sleeping together ?

Your Smartphone, your car, your toy drone, all have two-way communication and can "send" info anywhere...without you knowing.
No brainer there...it's an unspoken thing that cars have two-way communication, been like that for many years.
With the crunch on the American public ......you're new Telsa that you can't afford gets repoed, could start and drive itself to any location they desire.
So...if your CNC is tied into the web....do you really know if anything is actually going somewhere?
Nope....not saying it is....... but the opportunity is there.
This includes any brand of CNC ......

Your Smartphone, your car, your toy drone, all have two-way communication and can "send" info anywhere...without you knowing.
No brainer there...it's an unspoken thing that cars have two-way communication, been like that for many years.
With the crunch on the American public ......you're new Telsa that you can't afford gets repoed, could start and drive itself to any location they desire.
So...if your CNC is tied into the web....do you really know if anything is actually going somewhere?
Nope....not saying it is....... but the opportunity is there.
This includes any brand of CNC ......
my question there would be, what kind of information can they possibly get out of a cnc machine, and what could they possibly do with that information? whats the fuss all about?

Agree...may be a moot point....but part files could be sent.
Weather that has any value?????
I wouldn't think that someone buying one of Titans cheap cnc's would be making something worth copying??

Agree...may be a moot point....but part files could be sent.
Whether that has any value?????
I wouldn't think that someone buying one of Titans cheap cnc's would be making something worth copying??
I suppose if you were a Big Data person you could extract some sort of information from syil uptime. Secret Information - how much aluminum hobbyists were using each year ? How long cheap carbide end mills last in lightweight machines, so carbide sources could get a jump on the market and fix prices ?

But what none of these idiots has even managed to explain is, how does this valuable "data" get from nebraska to beijing, for the inscrutable commies to pore over ?

It could go over the internet, sure. The CIA has a city-sized facility in Utah monitoring backbone servers. "Data" is transmitted in packets which are all easily viewed with any utility such as wireshark. Even you can I can easily do that and inspect every single piece of "data" that goes into our out of our shop, house, car, telephone. If it goes via wire, it's viewable.

It's also very easy to determine where this data is going because packets have to have addresses or they don't fucking go anywhere. If any of these worthless stupid fantasies had any basis in fact, a simple wire-sniff on the routers leaving the US would find every single bit of this allegedly "stolen data" that is going to the evil commies for nefarious purposes. No one anywhere has ever come up with any real evidence that this is or ever has happened.

If you don't use the internet backbone, how do you plan to get this data from nebraska to beijing ? Wireless ? 10,000 miles and around the globe ? Secret satellite transmissions to low-orbit commie satellites ? No one would notice this ? Messenger pigeons ? Smoke signals ? Tong hatchetmen with briefcases full of data that they handcarry back to their hutong lair ?

What the fuck do people use for brains in this country ?

It's also very easy to determine where this data is going because packets have to have addresses or they don't fucking go anywhere. If any of these worthless stupid fantasies had any basis in fact, a simple wire-sniff on the routers leaving the US would find every single bit of this allegedly "stolen data" that is going to the evil commies for nefarious purposes. No one anywhere has ever come up with any real evidence that this is or ever has happened.
You are assuming this........do you have actual facts?
If not, neither one of us has any argument that has any merit.
It's known that the general public is being watched with data from phones, internet etc.....ie: Facebook /Google

You are assuming this........do you have actual facts?
Absolutely. There's books and books and books about how ethernet works. It's not a secret by any means. For lazy people, here's the structure of a frame

ethernetframe.jpg

Here's the address for wireshark, a free open sores (? maybe, I think ?) wire sniffer which you can use yourself, it will show you every single frame coming into or out of your computer, router, switch, or wherever you put it.

Install it on your computer and see a lot of interesting things headed from your browser to various places ... and block them, if you like :) Put it on your home router and block the whole mess from your home and office to mark and sergei.

less technical

There's even commercial software that works this way - Little Snitch for example, which lets you block any packets to any addresses you like, coming in or going out of your mac. There's nothing as clean for loonix or windows but there's "ipfilter" which does the same thing except more cumbersome.

Wireless works the same way, it's still ethernet, just via radio rather than over copper wire.

And token ring would be just as easy to detect and read, altho I'm fairly certain there's no underground token ring wiring from omaha to beijing either.

It is all easily detectable and readable. There is no fucking way you could secretly transmit valuable information anywhere via the internet without it being easy to detect. Or even non-valuable information ...

Which leaves them carrier pigeons :D

Absolutely. There's books and books and books about how ethernet works. It's not a secret by any means. For lazy people, here's the structure of a frame

View attachment 439744

Here's the address for wireshark, a free open sores (? maybe, I think ?) wire sniffer which you can use yourself, it will show you every single frame coming into or out of your computer, router, switch, or wherever you put it.

Install it on your computer and see a lot of interesting things headed from your browser to various places ... and block them, if you like :) Put it on your home router and block the whole mess from your home and office to mark and sergei.

less technical

There's even commercial software that works this way - Little Snitch for example, which lets you block any packets to any addresses you like, coming in or going out of your mac. There's nothing as clean for loonix or windows but there's "ipfilter" which does the same thing except more cumbersome.

Wireless works the same way, it's still ethernet, just via radio rather than over copper wire.

And token ring would be just as easy to detect and read, altho I'm fairly certain there's no underground token ring wiring from omaha to beijing either.

It is all easily detectable and readable. There is no fucking way you could secretly transmit valuable information anywhere via the internet without it being easy to detect. Or even non-valuable information ...

What about data transferred through GPRS , mobile data. I am no techy but hypothetically, any hardware could be fitted with mobile data transfer. an NC file that is only KBs can be transferred quite discreetly and easily over mobile networks without anyone connecting a machine to ethernet.

My bad..lol
I should replied different... you are assuming
a simple wire-sniff on the routers leaving the US would find every single bit of this allegedly "stolen data" that is going to the evil commies for nefarious purposes.
Neither one of us really know about this...........may or may not be monitored?
The info being sent may have no appearance of "stolen"...just some info going somewhere...may not even leave the country but go to a sever here which is
stored and sent later?

All speculation but all possible.

If the government wants you dead,
they will probably tell your Tesla to crash into a bridge abutment.
Done and gone.
Putin has the Open Window Flu.
But that requires an agent.

-Doozer

View attachment 439744

less technical

wtf, no mic drop? you're getting lazy...

What about data transferred through GPRS , mobile data. I am no techy but hypothetically, any hardware could be fitted with mobile data transfer. an NC file that is only KBs can be transferred quite discreetly and easily over mobile networks without anyone connecting a machine to ethernet.
wireless data transfer requires network access as well, so you're assuming what, that they put a device into each machine that somehow magically hacks into company XYZ's wifi network? even then, the wifi network is local, and to go out anywhere reasonable, has to go through ethernet eventually.

nobody has answered my question still, lets say china "IS" stealing nc data from machines, what could they POSSIBLY gain from gcode? plot the toolpaths and reverse engineer parts from that? at best you'll get a point cloud, not a feature based model that you can do anything remotely useful with.

i'm DYING to know the answer! bueller?

nobody has answered my question still, lets say china "IS" stealing nc data from machines, what could they POSSIBLY gain from gcode? plot the toolpaths and reverse engineer parts from that? at best you'll get a point cloud, not a feature based model that you can do anything remotely useful with.

stuxnet?

I don't know em, it's not my field, .......... but how about making it easier to know what's beeng made, where and is what quantity.

Back