What's new
What's new

Windows 98 to Fanuc O-M

Lee Stough

Plastic
I have a Komo router controlled by a Fanuc series O-M,a computer with windows 98 program Hyper Terminal to send files to the Fanuc. I am getting, on the Fanuc, error message 087 “buffer overflow” when I try to send a file.

I’ve been sending “out files” for years with no problems. A cable came loose, and before I discovered the problem I changed some settings in windows 98. One, of several things I did, was change the settings for Comport 1 to the default settings. I called Fanuc technical support. They told me if Fanuc parameter 552 was set to 11 (which it was) then the Bits/sec setting on comport 1 needs to be “9600”. Also if parameter 1 ends in 1(which it did) then set Stop bit to “2”. The other settings are: Data bits “7”, Parity “even”, and Flow control “xon/xoff”. After correcting the settings I still get the 087 error. I read a response to “Johnny” by “Gar” that the FIFO needs to be disabled. In comport 1 advanced settings I unchecked the FIFO box. I still get the 087 error. If anyone can help I will be very grateful.
Thanks
Lee

I have the same settings as you do for my Komo. I am using an XP machine though with Onecnc's NC Link. It is free, or at least was if you want to try it.
I don't recall at the moment, but I seem to remember getting the same error once, do you have the % sign at the top of the program and starting before it? Is the program number the same as one already on the control?

I suggest putting this over in the cnc section so it will be seen by smarter people than me.

Jason

Attachments

• KIMG0036.jpg
    KIMG0036.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 18
  • KIMG0034.jpg
    KIMG0034.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 20
  • KIMG0031.jpg
    KIMG0031.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 18
I did not see any setting for the FIFO in Hyperterminal. Did you do this setting through the PC COM port in the Device Manager? Either way, turn the FIFO ON and set the transmit to 1.
If you look at the wires in the cable connector you can determine the flow control. On my 0T-C it has a 25 pin connector. I use a DB9-DB25 pin converter.
You can try changing the Flow Control to None, Xon/Xoff and Hardware to see if another works.

Back