What's new
What's new

Winona Van Norman SM2000 surfacing grinder $1250.00

SShep71

Hot Rolled
I am helping a friend sell this machine, it was replaced on Wed (4 April 23) with a newer machine. The machine runs fine, was maintained over it's entire life span. It was only disconnected from power Tuesday and is being stored for the time being. I can ship it but the buyer would need to arrange shipping, I can palletize/crate it if you need. I have all of the original paperwork, the service manual, the instruction manual, original catalogue, and other misc. paperwork.

About the grinder:
-230V three phase, 30amp
-13" segmented grinder wheel
-5HP main motor
-Automatic table feed
-4 Table speeds.

There is an upgrade that seems to be common in where the grinder head is replaced with a CBN cutter head. I haven't cleaned up anything or done anything other than move the machine at this point. The machine is typically used to surface cylinder heads and engine blocks, but use it for anything you want I guess. I have seen a large mag chuck used on a SM2000 at a different shop a long while back. I think there are spare wheel segments, I will check. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Attachments

• KIMG0973.JPG
    KIMG0973.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 91
  • KIMG0966.JPG
    KIMG0966.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 91
  • KIMG0967.JPG
    KIMG0967.JPG
    468.8 KB · Views: 93
  • KIMG0971.JPG
    KIMG0971.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 94
  • KIMG0970.JPG
    KIMG0970.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 91
  • KIMG0972.JPG
    KIMG0972.JPG
    455.6 KB · Views: 90
I am helping a friend sell this machine, it was replaced on Wed (4 April 23) with a newer machine. The machine runs fine, was maintained over it's entire life span. It was only disconnected from power Tuesday and is being stored for the time being. I can ship it but the buyer would need to arrange shipping, I can palletize/crate it if you need. I have all of the original paperwork, the service manual, the instruction manual, original catalogue, and other misc. paperwork.

About the grinder:
-230V three phase, 30amp
-13" segmented grinder wheel
-5HP main motor
-Automatic table feed
-4 Table speeds.

There is an upgrade that seems to be common in where the grinder head is replaced with a CBN cutter head. I haven't cleaned up anything or done anything other than move the machine at this point. The machine is typically used to surface cylinder heads and engine blocks, but use it for anything you want I guess. I have seen a large mag chuck used on a SM2000 at a different shop a long while back. I think there are spare wheel segments, I will check. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Interested in your posting please contact me at 512-431-1208 Eastside machine

Hey bro this is slick I was wondering it ya even have a surfacer to sell, and how do I know there's a deal worked out, plus I always though money talks bull shit walks, and, and who's even here playing, so if this is members only fuck you and ya members... block my ass then 🖕🖕

Well that escalated quick, I wonder if that is the same guy that emailed me 11 times asking me, then demanding that I ship the machine to El Salvador, or the other ass clown that kept offering more and more money after I told him it was spoken for.

If Nando51202 is still interested, the machine is STILL available and can be picked up at 1060 W Addison St, Chicago, IL 60613. Tell them Elwood sent you.

Rolled out of driveway at 11am friday morning, according to mapquest it is an 8 hour drive, figured it would be 10 hours hauling a trailer. Overall it was pretty uneventful till Barstow where the traffic picked up, and the potholes in the freeway started, between a few panic stops because traffic was at a standstill, then all the cars trying to race around me, it was slightly terrifying. Running empty the trailer was bucking and pushing the truck on the potholes, it was all I could do to keep in my lane at 55mph as the cars were passing on either side at 80mph. Rolled into Temecula at 11pm, grabbed a burger and decided it was too late to bother with getting a hotel room, so I parked in the Starbucks parking lot so I could get coffee, and have facilities first thing in the morning. I don't know about you guys, but 12 hours driving gets me wired like I have not been since I was young and stupid, it was not a restful night.....

We got the machines loaded by 1pm on Saturday, did not get on the freeway till about 2pm, trailer rode much better with a load, and the drivers were much more courteous seeing the load. Stopped in Barstow for fuel, dog walk, and inhaled a burrito.

There are some long uphill slogs heading east out of California, a guy in a white truck hauling a trailer load of welding equipment and I were playing miniature elephant racing on those climbs, when I pulled into the truck stop outside of Vegas he was there and commented that my trailer lights were as bad as his, we chatted for a minute, he was heading to Boise, we both jacked with trailer lights for a few minutes and got them working and said f'it, lets roll. About halfway to Ely he passed me and his trailer and truck tail lights were not working, and without any reflectors on the back of his trailer I could not see him past my headlights so backed off a little. Saw him again at the truckstop outside Ely and told him to follow me to my shop and gave him some reflectors to put on his trailer, so hopefully someone running 100mph did not plow into him.

In the 60's there were several machine shops in this town, then the main employer closed and by the 90's these towns were in danger of going ghost. Today if you need basic head work you are SOL, travelers frequently abandon vehicles here and are forced into begging for a ride out of here, there are no rental cars, bus service, or flights out of here. These machines will be one more step towards providing goods and services to travelers and those that live here.

Pic below is the rest area on the California/Nevada border, I was hoping to get a better shot, but the semi truck pulled up before I could get it, trust me, there are some nice picturesque mountains behind that truck.

It was a 48 hour day for me, I'm beat.

Thank you again Tom, I'll post some more pics after I get them moved in and freshened up.

Attachments

• sm2000 3.JPG
    sm2000 3.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 34

Back