What's new
What's new

Wooden over shoes ?

I've seen a lot of those clogs when I worked in the steel mills, The operators on the coke batteries used them to walk out on the top of the battery.
they used an iron hook to remove the vent caps, Then the flames and smoke would shoot up about 20 feet.After everything settled down , they removed the doors on each side of that particular battery, The pusher car on one side, and the catch car on the other side were lined up through the brick battery by a nuclear beam, and a big ram came out of the pusher car, and pushed everything out the other side.
I remember a young kid, a new hire, walked up to his foreman; and asked him How long he had to work to pay for his new safety shoes. The boss answered , Your making 25 bucks an hour, They were paid for already. Kid told him GOOD,I'M OUT A HERE, AND QUIT HIS FIRST DAY BEFORE NOON.
DAVE [ACME THREAD]

I remember a young kid, a new hire, walked up to his foreman; and asked him How long he had to work to pay for his new safety shoes. The boss answered , Your making 25 bucks an hour, They were paid for already. Kid told him GOOD,I'M OUT A HERE, AND QUIT HIS FIRST DAY BEFORE NOON.
DAVE [ACME THREAD]

I can't tell if that was terror or ambition.

Back