What's new
What's new

Workshop "Life Hacks"

As learned by deer hunting time just south of Mio Michigan.
I always thought it was a nice local bar.......

I worked with that fellow, His nephew who also worked at the big shop would pass out reward sheets every year before deer season. He told everyone that he was going hunting at White Cloud Mi, not Mio. retired
The missing hunters who were allegedly fed to pigs : UnresolvedMysteries

One simple SG mag chuck hack is to have some chuck length flat parallels to set your to work off the back bump rail, perhaps 2 x 12 x 1/4". This to more use the whole chuck so to not wear a low place at bump rail center of the chuck.

Another simple hack is to set your solid square behind a hand tapping, so to look across to that straight line to keep your tap straight.

Oh, another simple hack is to drill& tap 3 holes in a hex nut, add 3 socket head cap screws and use that for a lathe or grinder dog..also makes a handy tap wrench.

Drill a cener hole at the end of a T tap wrench so you can put a center in your drill press chuck and have a decent tapper.

Something I myself have been working on improving. If a particular machine has a specific set of tools you always use, just buy duplicates. Saves a whole lot of wasted time wandering around looking. The “master” toolbox should have everything in it, and if you are grabbing something out to bring it to a machine daily just buy another, so as to never find the primary box missing anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup! The Bondhus mm/in combo packs are so cheap it's ridiculous to not have them at each machine.

Programmed via Mazatrol

Pigs have been used to process bodies in many movies. Snatch, Red Dragon, and the TV series 'Deadwood' come to mind. But as far as I know, only one - Fargo - used a wood chipper. Then, the wonderful 'Breaking Bad' saw the use of acid to deconstitute a few bodies.

Get the large sharpie magnum. Works well as a substitute for dykem and the really large tip covers a lot of ground.

Take a small sharpie, put the tip over what you want colored, then hit it quick with an air gun...makes a nice splatter.

5S your work areas, a place for everything and everything in its place. You don't have to go nuts but it helps.

I'll think of more.

As learned by deer hunting time just south of Mio Michigan.
I always thought it was a nice local bar.......

Was that the two brothers that didn't like people hunting in their public hunting area so they killed a couple of hunters and fed them to hogs? I remember reading the story and was amazed that they convicted the brothers of murder with very little hard evidence.

Thin wired remnants are sharp, they make great edge breakers for plastic.

I keep a few small plastic bins for small lrngth/od drops. Rather than shit can em there's always a time you need a small piece.

So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. Now there are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls.

Having specific spots for tools has helped me a lot. When i ran a printing press i would spend 10 minutes looking for something i just had in my hand 5 mins ago. When i was done using a tool, even if i needed it 30 seconds later, I needed to put it back in its place. i have since expanded the "home list" for certain tools that needed to move around, but i spend far less time looking for something i accidentally set on a shelf while trying to find something. I also make a list of little annoyances that should get fixed but i can make work, and once a week (friday or monday) go through the list a fix the things correctly or order the parts to get it working correctly.

Pigs have been used to process bodies in many movies. Snatch, Red Dragon, and the TV series 'Deadwood' come to mind. But as far as I know, only one - Fargo - used a wood chipper. Then, the wonderful 'Breaking Bad' saw the use of acid to deconstitute a few bodies.

"The Wood Chipper".....Always make sure all safety procedures are followed and don't use your foot to force material into the chipper......

"Sanders got caught in the chipper after using his foot to free a log that had gotten jammed.

Sanders' nephew, Adam Sanders heard his uncle's cries for help. "I had to hear him say help me, help me, come and help me and the sounds of him being chipped up."

Sanders' co-workers desperately tried to stop the chipper and even put it in reverse, but it didn't work.

"As I was trying to hit the reverse I looked down and he (Sanders) was up to his ribs and I turned around, I couldn't watch and listen no more, I had to get out of there," Adam said."

Somewhere there is an OSHA report....

Family will have a hard time coping with this one | Hunt Talk

I have all my tool boxes on casters so I can roll them around where I need them.
I've also got a micro sized laptop just for I/O with the controls, on said tool boxes as well as the Greco box.

If a particular machine has a specific set of tools you always use, just buy duplicates. Saves a whole lot of wasted time wandering around looking. The “master” toolbox should have everything in it, and if you are grabbing something out to bring it to a machine daily just buy another, so as to never find the primary box missing anything.

Along with that, we put the commonly used tools in foam mounted at 45 degrees. It keeps you from putting other things on there, and an empty spot is annoying and almost forces you to put things back.

Along with that, we put the commonly used tools in foam mounted at 45 degrees. It keeps you from putting other things on there, and an empty spot is annoying and almost forces you to put things back.

True if you have OCD

Have an old newspaper and a roll of masking tape to quick wrap end mills saved for sharpening.

Set the Tc grinder up for inserts that with a little grind can be used a second time, keep in sets of the same size.

Label identical tool sets. I don’t know why, but for some reason putting a colored paint stripe on each set of allen wrenches seems to make it easier for them to find their way home. Then it isn’t another stray tool to figure out later, it’s the assembly bench 5 mm, or the #2 VMC wrench, etc. and you can put it back right now.

Back