What's new
What's new

WTB-10ee 4k, w Taper - (x30"if possible) - the unicorn

Obviously joking. Good luck with the search, I’d stay clear of machine dealers, check Craigslist and FB marketplace. They pop up from time to time.

What is the problem in buying from a dealer? I’ve purchased two machines (used) from dealers. I checked them out - they were reputable, worked out fine. One of the machines needed some after sales support, and they were there for me.

I figure if the dealer has the product you want/need and the price & delivery works for your situation - no reason not to go for it.

What is the problem in buying from a dealer? I’ve purchased two machines (used) from dealers. I checked them out - they were reputable, worked out fine. One of the machines needed some after sales support, and they were there for me.

I figure if the dealer has the product you want/need and the price & delivery works for your situation - no reason not to go for it.
Probably the same if not worse as used car dealers. I’m sure there are a few good ones out there, but very few.

Like many other on this site, I’ve been burned by machinery dealers. Machine runs fine at the lot, soon as it leaves problems start and they disappear.

The majority of dealers will (if the machine looks nice) say "excellent condition" without actually measuring anything. Especially a problem with 10EEs, in that most purchasers are looking for a higher level of precision than most other manual machines.

Honest, straightforward dealers are in the minority, unfortunately.

Back