What's new
What's new

WTB All Things JT Slocomb Co

TowersMetalworks

Aluminum
I am looking to purchase JT Slocomb Micrometers, as well as all things things pertaining to the JT Slocomb Co.

I would still love to see what you have to offer., from standard micrometer models, as well as especially non-standard micrometers. The more unique the better.

Additionally I am also looking for all other tooling and ephemera for and from JT Slocomb that is available. Original ads, articles, catalogues, boxes, I am looking for it all.
Let me know what you have, and let's see if we can work something out!

---Spyke, TMW, JTSA

There are about 3 pages or so of JT Slocomb micrometers on eBay - all standard fare. I’ve not seen much marketing material, I only know about name due to a smaller micrometer that was with a large lot I got at auction. And then some research, well built and finish was wonderful. Good luck on search!

There are about 3 pages or so of JT Slocomb micrometers on eBay - all standard fare. I’ve not seen much marketing material, I only know about name due to a smaller micrometer that was with a large lot I got at auction. And then some research, well built and finish was wonderful. Good luck on search!
I have a number of notifiers when new Slocomb items are listed on ebay which helps a lot. If I recall correctly, there are only about a half dozen auctions with items I don't currently own. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

I have these:
Two Slocumb “snap gauge” micrometers, one is a 1-2”, the other is a 3-4”. Good tool for checking 2 diameters on shafting and similar job situations. I’ve had these for years and have rarely used them so I’d like to move them along. Good working condition. $25. ea. plus shipping. I think I have a 1/2" Slocomb mic as well but I would have to look.
CWC(4)
1692664742510.jpeg
1692664758535.jpeg

I have these:
Two Slocumb “snap gauge” micrometers, one is a 1-2”, the other is a 3-4”. Good tool for checking 2 diameters on shafting and similar job situations. I’ve had these for years and have rarely used them so I’d like to move them along. Good working condition. $25. ea. plus shipping. I think I have a 1/2" Slocomb mic as well but I would have to look.
CWC(4)
View attachment 406048
View attachment 406049

Those are f'ing cool. If OP doesn't want them, I'll take them. Must have been used for "go/no-go" back in the day.

I have these:
CWC(4)
View attachment 406048
View attachment 406049
PM Me, Email me, text me, I am interested an committed. Your .500 is also interested in too..
We'll chat.
I'll sent you a PM with my contact info.
---Spyke, TMW, JTSA

If you're still looking for Slocomb tools, I have a 3-4" and a 4-5" micrometer built by Slocomb. The patent dates are in 1897, etc.

Regards,

Smitty
I am looking to purchase JT Slocomb Micrometers, as well as all things things pertaining to the JT Slocomb Co.

I would still love to see what you have to offer., from standard micrometer models, as well as especially non-standard micrometers. The more unique the better.

Additionally I am also looking for all other tooling and ephemera for and from JT Slocomb that is available. Original ads, articles, catalogues, boxes, I am looking for it all.
Let me know what you have, and let's see if we can work something out!

---Spyke, TMW, JTSA

I do have a 1-2 inch slocum micrometer, with V-shaped tips. It does have a former owners initials scratched into the frame. Interested: reply here as the private conversations thing is somewhat problematic.

I do have a 1-2 inch slocum micrometer, with V-shaped tips. It does have a former owners initials scratched into the frame. Interested: reply here as the private conversations thing is somewhat problematic.
I am interested in it!

Would you happen to have any pics of it?

Thank you for your time, have a wonderful day!

---Spyke

Back