What's new
What's new

wtb atlas lathe parts

crann

Aluminum
i am looking for a lead screw and half nuts for a friend who has a 12" X 36" atlas change gear lathe.the lathe is from the late 50's to 1960 era . any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated . thomas

Check to see which model he has. In the late 50's they went from 3/8" thick ways to 1/2" thick ways, and many of the parts are different from the earlier model.

The late model one looks like this:

img18.gif

You might want to call Atlas for a parts list to get the proper part numbers. Your model number is on a plate on the middle of the OTHER side of the bed from where you would be standing to operate it.

Once you have the model number, email Jolene Olds at:
[email protected]
or call her at 1-800-535-6553

You can also get low-resolution copies of parts lists from www.sears.com . Click on the parts link.

You can actually get parts new from Clausing, or actually from Sears. Other than that, ebay is a good source.

Steve

The pic shown in this topic looks exactly like my 12", according to the last parts source I used (and the s/n) it was said to be a 1952 underdrive on the oem cabinet stand.

Mine is a 1952 and doesn't look like that. I have the model with the thinner ways.

Model number on mine is 101.27440.

Steve

Back